Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dependent visa and sole proprietor 2021/10/12 22:12
Hi,

Can I work as a sole proprietor with a dependent visa? Will I be able to get approval from immigration to work outside of designated activity (up to 28 hours a week)?

Thanks
by hevene  

Re: Dependent visa and sole proprietor 2021/10/13 14:09
Instead of writing my answer to your question, I would suggest you to enquire immigration. People on internet could give you correct answers but there are also people who deny it on purpose, insisting that he/she heard different things from his/her friends who were in your situation. If you misjudge which is correct, your visa won't be granted.

By the way, designated activity visa is varied, there are more than 40 kinds and some of them don't allow you to engage working (しゅうにゅうをともなうかつどう) .
by mamoru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Dependent visa and sole proprietor 2021/10/13 17:08
@Hevene

When you say "dependent visa", are you referring to what is commonly called a "marriage visa" in English (or spouse of a Japanese nation or Permanent Resident)?

If you are under the marriage visa, then you can work more than 28 hours a week. There isn't any restriction on the number of hours or type of legal jobs. However, you need to get the marriage visa. Which is fill out all the paperwork and get past the Japanese immigration approval process. One of the things frowned upon is fraudulent marriages, which can get the person kicked out of Japan. So don't do anything illegal. If your goal is to work, then consider getting a work visa.
by Rejo rate this post as useful

Re: Dependent visa and sole proprietor 2021/10/13 17:38
Are you a children of an employer-sponsored work visa or student visa and going to apply for a 家族滞在 visa which is also translated as dependent visa? In that case, regulation about activities that involve income is written here
https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/applications/guide/nyuukokukanri07_00069.htm...

It says 個人事業主等として活動する場合等,客観的に稼働時間を確認することが困難である場合は資格外活動の個別許可が必要となります。

Re: Dependent visa and sole proprietor 2021/10/13 17:41
children of an employer-sponsored work visa or student visa

I meant
children of an employer-sponsored work visa holder or a student visa holder.

Excuse me..

Re: Dependent visa and sole proprietor 2021/10/13 22:56
Thank you all for your response.
by hevene rate this post as useful

reply to this thread