Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Joint mortgage without marriage 2021/10/13 21:44
Hi,

Ifm French with a permanent visa and my partner is Japanese. Wefve been living together for 3.5 years but do not want to get married for personal reasons.

I was wondering what our options were for joint ownership.

Some real estate agencies told us that itfs almost impossible to get a joint mortgage without getting married first. But I was wondering if someone in here managed to do so and how.

Thanks!
by Kim Tatsuma  

Re: Joint mortgage without marriage 2021/10/15 09:22
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Joint mortgage without marriage 2021/10/15 09:26
I was just going through the news and see that Kyoto Shinkin Bank announced in April 2021 that they will now offer joint mortgage loans to same-sex couples and unmarried (but living together) couples (what we call gjijitsu-konh common-law marriage). There are some other regional/internet banks who provide this, but I am not mentioning all the names because some are regional. Ok, among the megabanks, SMBC provides that since 2020

There seem to be a few financial institutions who provide what they call gpair loanh to unmarried couples. The two partners each takes out a loan (thus double the administrative charges) and each becomes a joint and several guarantor to each other. (For example, among the mega banks, Mizuho Bank, since 2017). You might want to check with them. Best wishes.

by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread