Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student visa denied 2021/10/24 20:54
I was staying in Japan on a tourist visa and I applied to a school in Japan and my visa was denied. The reason given was 1G. What are the considerations when I reapply?
by Ishara Sewwandi (guest)  

Re: Student visa denied 2021/10/25 06:10
Fix the reason for denial. Apply in 6 months.

Ask immigration if you can apply earlier.

Too many application may create a reason for denial.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa denied 2021/10/28 18:28
Definitely you should find out the reason for denial. When you do apply again, possibly go with a school that is going to provide better assistance.
by Rejo rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa denied 2021/10/30 08:00
I can only speak from experience dealing with this exact thing in the US (I work in higher education), but Tourist Visa --> Student Visa change of status (meaning you stay in the country to try and change your visa) is THE most difficult thing to do. It is more denied than anything else. Especially if your sponsoring school is a language school, non-accredited, or you're joining a non-degree program.

This is because many people try to use this tactic to simply stay in the country longer, and so visa officers believe people are not serious about studying and will become a risk for visa violations or illegal immigration activities in the future.
by Ageha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa denied 2021/11/6 13:09
My opinion is same as what Ageha san said. I am from an Asian country and have seen many people like that.

I also add 'school that is going to provide better assistance' can be two different and you must be careful with one which is actually pretending a school. Yes, it is a school officially but established by a company in the other field rather than an educator for people who want to migrate to Japan but not eligible to get a work visa and want to take advantage of a student visa. Such school accept also real students with a purpose of study and is 'helpful' with your visa application, but no proper lessons provided and many students involved in such schools encounter problems with money. Hence I say you to try 'school which is recognized as a Tekiseiko that is going to provide better assistance' is better.
by Mabuhay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa denied 2021/11/7 15:14
I am not sure about your specific circumstances, but since a few years ago, the immigration authorities tightened the rules about changing from gtemporary visitorh status to anything longer term, including gstudent,h while staying in Japan. This would apply to any application for change from gtemporary visitorh to gstudenth or any of the employer-sponsored work status.
Please check with the sponsoring school if they know the reason. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa denied 2021/11/7 23:06
How did you get *into* Japan as a tourist at this point in time?

anyway, you were denied because they are cracking down on this sort of behavior. going from tourist -> student or work visa used to be OK but as of around 2018 it stopped being okay unless there is some pressing reason you needed to enter as tourist
by wtf OP? (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread