Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Requirements to be a flight attendant 2021/10/31 04:38
I'd like to know is if there is a maximum age to work as a flight attendant in Japanese airlines. I'm aware that the minimum age is 21, but since I saw a post from an airline requiring the person to be between 21-26, I don't know if they were looking for younger employees at that time only or if it's always like this. Can a flight attendant in Japan only work until they're 26 then? That doesn't sound right to me. Is there really a maximum age?
by Mariana (guest)  

Re: Requirements to be a flight attendant 2021/10/31 06:51
Have you checked work description on recruit ad? If they say that candidates aged 25 and younger and it is a contract position (not permanent position), it means they intend to employ a year or two-year basis and don't want to renew the contract if their financial situation isn't good.

However, I have seen one who seems to be late 40s or early 50s, and I have a friend who is 30 and still work for one of Japanese companies as a CA, not a grand staff nor a trainer. I think those who have very good skills can have a chance to work longer.
by Asiansenior (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requirements to be a flight attendant 2021/10/31 09:57
The position you saw advertised wants people to be 26 or under at the time of recruitment. They aren't expecting you to just retire or retrain to do something else at 26.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Requirements to be a flight attendant 2021/11/1 04:29
You need to be relatively young to start your career as a flight attendant, but you can continue being one until you're quite old. Some attendants kept working until the company's retirement age which is 60. But it's hard work, so people tend to move on to a different position or career some time during their late 20s to 40s. Below is Japanese language info to back it up.
https://ca-style.biz/cabin-age
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Requirements to be a flight attendant 2021/11/1 04:44
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread