Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Koseki Tohon late register requirements? 2021/11/3 21:08
good day! i am 21 years old, living in the philippines and i am planning to tell my father to put me in his koseki tohon but the problem is i am now 21 years old. i cannot find the list of requirements for late registering a child in my father's koseki tohon here on the internet. I am searching for this in advance because i want to apply COE for the child of japanese national visa. also, should my mother and father be married first so that i can be put in my father's koseki tohon? thank you and i hope you guys can help me
by starcall  

Re: Koseki Tohon late register requirements? 2021/11/4 15:31
So your mother is Filipina and your father is Japanese, I assume.
There are two things here: whether you hold Japanese nationality (I guess the answer is no),and whether you are eligible for any other family relation-based visa.

On the first one: Japanese nationality:
When a child is born to a non-Japanese mother and in a foreign country, the Japanese parent would have to report the birth to the Japanese embassy immediately (within 14 days), or if the child has obtained the non-Japanese nationality upon birth (in your case Philippines I assume) then a report must be made within 3 or so months so that the child can greserveh the Japanese nationality, otherwise the child does not obtain Japanese nationality. (If the mom and the dad were not married at the time of the childfs birth, things get further complicated.)

If a report is to be made at a later date to gobtainh Japanese nationality, I believe the requirement is that the child is under 20 of age, and the child needs to be residing in Japan.

On the second one, gchild of Japanese nationalh visa:
Now assuming you do not hold Japanese nationality, I guess this is where the gacknowledgementh by your Japanese dad comes in. If he gacknowledgesh you as his own, and wants to bring you over to live with him in Japan, there is a process he can take to do that (based on the relationship, apply for Certificate of Eligibility for a visa).

You might want to contact this NPO for further info:
http://www.jfcnet.org/news/other/542/

They help Japanese-Filipino children. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Koseki Tohon late register requirements? 2021/11/6 10:38
Doesn't your father search in Japanese, asking related yakusho or a lawyer? Although some regular members on this BBS always give detailed and accurate information sincerely, I think you and your father still need information directly confirmed authority in Japanese. Also (off the topic though) please be careful with people who take advantage of Filipino who want to migrate to Japan. They look helpful at first but their intention is treating migrants as cheep labor.
by Mabuhay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread