Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Renewal of residence card outside japan 2021/11/10 20:27
I am on a dependent visa and it will expire on May next year. I will be attending school in my home country next year. My father is on a work visa. I want to keep my visa while studying in my home country.

Can he apply for the renewal of my residence card when I am outside Japan?
by shgyn  

Re: Renewal of residence card outside japan 2021/11/11 07:19
Living in your country while your father is in Japan means you are no longer a dependant of your father. If you keep your resident status, not notifying immigration, you will definitely be in trouble and it might also affects future entry for you and your father.
by mamoru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Renewal of residence card outside japan 2021/11/11 07:41
The advice I have from my lawyers is "no" and their guidance states:
All applicants will need to be physically in Japan on the date that the visa renewal application is submitted, and the original passports and residence cards must be shown at the Immigration Office counter at the time of application
However, you could have someone submit the application and documents on your behalf if you were outside of the country, but the evidence from your passport would indicate you are not in Japan, hence Immigration could easily deny the renewal.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread