Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I still cancel my student visa? 2021/11/22 13:20
I already have student visa and sponsors for my 4-year schooling in Japan and already signed a contract for the company who will sponsor me. After schooling, I will render 5-year full time job as agreement to my sponsors. What if I get pregnant while still studying? Can I cancel my student visa even if I signed the contract already? What are the laws about cancelling the contract in Japan?

Your answers will highly appreciated.
by Yamz  

Re: Can I still cancel my student visa? 2021/11/22 17:00
Youfll have to check the contract closely to see what it says about possible cancellation.

To me it looks like you are getting your 4 years of education in exchange for the 5 years of work thereafter, and since youfve accepted it, you should honor it. I would assume that there will be some penalty clause if you decide to leave earlier, but it is up to the contract.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I still cancel my student visa? 2021/11/23 14:20
what you are saying is that you want to cancel the contract and stop being a student.
I think "pregnancy" is not an almighty card to cancel the contract. read the contract. general rule is that you need to return the money to them, which you already received. they may ask you the penalty compensation for breaking the contract.
those can be solved by money, but, when you stop being a student, you have to get another resident status, if you want to stay in Japan. otherwise, you have to go out from Japan.
do you really understand your present situation correctly ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I still cancel my student visa? 2021/11/26 17:41
If you leave your school and you are no longer a student, you need to report immigration. Please be advised also that being pregnant or being a mother in Japan doesn't mean you will be given another resident status or PR automatically. You need to meet criteria if you want to live and raise your baby in Japan. Perhaps you know already it but there are many people who misunderstand due to improper agents so I add.
by Mabuhay (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread