Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Embassy/Consulate visa after COE is received 2021/12/4 09:05
As an FYI for spouse visas I learned yesterday that after receiving a COE you can get your visa by mail with some of the consulates (maybe all of them but I'm not sure). I was worried about having to book a flight to Denver, Colorado to get the visa issued.

Caveat, this may only be a temporary Covid type change. If it was like this before Covid I would like to know but if it is a Covid change then someday the mail-in option might disappear.
by go5star  

Re: Embassy/Consulate visa after COE is received 2021/12/4 22:09
In order to enter Japan, you should obtain a visa in the Embassy or Consulate. The guarantor, who is applied for the CoE will send you a CoE to let you apply for the visa. You will attach your CoE with the application form (other documents are required to submit during the pandemic; the detailed information you can get from your Embassy or Consulate).

Should you apply in your country to get a visa? Well, it depends on your nationality. Some people are required to get a visa only in their countryfs Embassy or Consulate, while others can obtain a visa in a third country (but definitely should not be Japan). So, it is better to contact directly with the consule and negotiate about that.

Hope will be useful. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Kind Regards
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread