Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I renew dependent visa the day it expires 2022/5/23 20:36
Hello,
I have been living in Japan for quite a long time and had no struggle with renewal. Except now. My visa ends on the 25th of this month and Ifm still waiting for some important papers I need for the visa application. Those papers should arrive tomorrow or on Wednesday (so the day my visa expires). Is it ok to apply for renewal visa the day my visa expires?
by Saki (guest)  

Re: Can I renew dependent visa the day it expires 2022/5/24 12:08
it is better to ask immigration office as soon as possible.
they may accept the application without some documents, with a promise of bringing them later.
(it is sometimes possible when you do city office paperwork. I don't know they do it at immigration office.)
I think, bringing the application form until the dead end date is your first aid.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I renew dependent visa the day it expires 2022/5/24 14:34
Well, frankly now it is too late to worry about it. Your residence status is expiring tomorrow. You should definitely go to immigration tomorrow (if you didnft go today) to bring the documents you have and explain the situation. Donft overstay your residence permit.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Can I renew dependent visa the day it expires 2022/5/24 16:05
You are already too late to submit application for renewal of your residence permit, You must need to submit by 25th MAY in immigration working hours, if you have missing documents, you can provide them later but al-least show up in immigration and submit your application to avoid overstay.
by Sasaki1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I renew dependent visa the day it expires 2022/5/24 18:53
Thanks for your replies, I went to the immigration today, with a paper explaining the situation in Japanese, I apologizing for the bother but they were super nice, they told me it was fine and that I had one week to send the missing papers!
by Saki (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread