Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to obtain koseki tohon from Iwate 2022/6/20 03:37
My dad recently passed away and we are having trouble obtaining the koseki tohon from Iwate for the reason that we do not have someone to ask for them to get the koseki tohon for us. We do know that some agency offers to obtain your koseki tohon for you but it is really expensive. We were just wondering if there are any options aside from what I just mentioned in obtaining a koseki tohon from the Philippines. Thank you.
by khayea  

Re: How to obtain koseki tohon from Iwate 2022/6/20 19:47
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Persons who are eligible to obtain a gkoseki tohonh would be the immediate family – spouse, parents, children, grandparents, grandkids only, and they need to present their ID. Even within Japan, if one retains a judicial scrivener to obtain gkoseki tohon,h that would require a power of attorney, and a certain fee. In your case there will be additional expenses to send it to you. So some fees cannot be avoided.

Have you contacted the Embassy/Consulate of Japan in the Philippines to see if they can help?

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to obtain koseki tohon from Iwate 2022/6/20 20:38
before you get his koseki-tohon, you have to register his death on his koseki. after that, you can get his jyoseki-tohon, Г{, dead person's koseki-tohon.
probably, you have no idea how to do, because you know no way to get a koseki-tohon.
please hire a professional to take necessary paperwork.

by the way, if you get his tohon without registering his death and USE it, I think it will be a crime.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to obtain koseki tohon from Iwate 2022/6/20 22:18
Oh. So he passed away in the Philippines? Then youfd have to report his passing to the embassy/consulate of Japan in the Philippines in any case.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread