Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can a 30 years old person get a job in japan? 2022/7/10 17:55
I'm 30 years old and completed B.C.A and worked as a office assistant, Telecaller in a private company. Do I get a job in japan after learning Japanese?
by Suganya (guest)  

Re: Can a 30 years old person get a job in japan? 2022/7/11 05:51
If you are eligible to get a visa for working then yes.
by mochi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can a 30 years old person get a job in japan? 2022/7/11 07:00
I wonder why you cannot. Definitely, you can; however, can you find an employer who will hire you is a problem at all. There is a big competition in the job market in Japan. In order to compete with foreigners who speak pretty well Japanese and other several languages, you should have something that will show that you should be hired and should get a visa.

by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can a 30 years old person get a job in japan? 2022/7/11 14:55
Is it possible for you to get a job in Japan? Simple answer is yes,

However - what the job entails is another thing. The most common job for younger people with a university degree seems to be an Eikawa or English teaching job. I can't comment on how easy it is to get a job - but I know they don't get paid that well, can often get treated poorly and there is little room for progression.

The pay conditions and how they are treated is not a Japan thing - but more of an asia thing. It comes with the territory. Some people who complete these jobs are truly professional - while some come to another country to teach kids at night and then get drunk after work (then rinse and repeat).
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Can a 30 years old person get a job in japan? 2022/7/11 21:55
When you say speaking Japanese is a pro, you have to compete with Japanese born in Japan and with higher education in Japanese.
Without Japanese language skill, there're occupations open for non Japanese, data scientists, solid state physics scientist/engineer, biochemical science, etc.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Can a 30 years old person get a job in japan? 2022/7/11 22:42
What kind of job are you considering?
I donft think there is any offer for a telecaller where being a non-Japanese would be a plus (and employers cannot sponsor you for a visa to do that in Japan – unless you have some special skills and are bilingual, or something like that).
If BCA is bachelor in computer applications, and if you have a specialized field within IT, they might be a chance for a job while speaking relatively limited Japanese.
English language teaching would be an gentryh job in the sense of getting into Japan, as long as you have a bachelorfs degree, are a native English speaker, and speak good English, but this is quite dependent on the economy – English language schools may or may not be hiring when you want to apply. At times some companies hire from outside Japan.

Youfd need a job offer, then the potential employer applies for a work visa for you so that you can come to Japan to work for them,
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread