Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Divocrced want to marry again 2022/7/12 23:23
I am living in japan from last 20 years, My first wife was japanese we were together for almost 8 years.
i don't have a kids. After about a 12 years i am fallin love with another japanese girl currently living together. We are planning to get married soon. I am a permanent resident in japan and working in a computer field from last 20+ years.

I am planing to marry my girlfrend do i need a unmarried certificate from home? or do i get proof that i am diveorced here in japan from Ward office. If someone have info please post it it might help me.

by orchey  

Re: Divocrced want to marry again 2022/7/13 15:43
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Was your first marriage (and divorce) based on Japanese law?

If the marriage was based on Japanese law, then dissolved, then the paper from the city hall might be enough. But ask yourself what papers were required when you first got married - If your citizenship hasnft changed, maybe you need to get the same set of papers from your home country.

If you are planning to get married in Japan according to the Japanese law, please ask at the city hall where you are planning to report your marriage, and ask for all the documents you need.

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Divocrced want to marry again 2022/7/13 22:41
Thank you very much for the info. I remember all the papers i submited before. to collect all the documents i have to fly back home once. I will go and ask cityhall once.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers
by orchey rate this post as useful

reply to this thread