Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student visa related question 2022/7/16 18:08
Hello everyone. I finally got my CoE issued and will be going to the embassy in August to get my visa (currently on holiday abroad). I am going to Kyoto on a one -year student visa. I am very excited.

My CoE was issued on the 29th of June.

I want to enter Japan a month before the start of my course to stay at a relativefs house (in Saitama Pref). Is this allowed ? I will go to university then from September onwards.
I know that the CoE is valid 3 months from the issuance and that one has to enter within this period, so it should be okay but I just wanted to make sure.
Thank you for your help.
by Hanzawa3128  

Re: Student visa related question 2022/7/17 06:57
I believe the validity of CoE is the time period during which you need to go to the Embassy to apply for the visa, and the validity of the visa is the period during which you need to enter Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa related question 2022/7/17 16:02
To answer your question, i believe they will give you a visa that allows you to enter Japan a few weeks at least before the course starts, as students need to get set up (with housing and other things) before they start attending the actual courses. I am not sure exactly how long that would be, but you should be OK.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Student visa related question 2022/7/17 20:53
How long did it take you to obtain the CoE certificate once you've applied ?

Thank you
by unijapan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread