Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spousal visa with an age gap, big problem? 2022/8/3 18:51
Me and my partner have a 17 year gap. She is older.
Wefve been together for 4 years. Plenty of pictures to prove, and visited each otherfs countries as well as others together.
My concern is the age gap. I had to come to Japan on a student visa as covid made things difficult back early into the pandemic. Wefre married now, and im looking to apply for the spousal visa this month. My current student visa expires next year.
Obviously i have been living on savings due to restrictions but my wife is very financially stable for the purpose of applications.

Should we fear? Anything to know? I speak good enough Japanese and she speaks my mother tongue natively.
by Buzs  

Re: Spousal visa with an age gap, big problem? 2022/8/4 08:44
I was in a similar situation as you except that neither my wife nor myself were financially very strong at the time. Neither the age gap nor our financial situation caused any problems with my spouse visa application. Today, I am older than my wife was when we applied for the visa, and our finances have improved ;) In other words: a few years have passed since, but I doubt that the immigration policies have changed in a major way.

Good luck!
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread