Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cold sore treatment 2022/8/14 05:38
Hello. I previously got a light green liquid from my doctor who said he got while on a trip to Japan. This rapidly healed my cold sore like nothing I've used before. Can some please let me know what this is. Thank you
by Mia (guest)  

Re: Cold sore treatment 2022/8/14 12:22
On the box or tube?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cold sore treatment 2022/8/14 14:21
It can be anything. Do you happen to have a photo of the label that you can upload on a random uploading site and post the link here? Was it an over-the-counter merchandise or did the doctor need a prescription to obtain it? The following images are just for your reference.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%E7%B7%91%E8%89%B2%E3%81%AE%E6%B6%B2%E...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Cold sore treatment 2022/8/14 15:22
When you say “cold sore,” do you mean something that develops on your lips/inside your mouth, or talking about some throat condition from a cold? Also the liquid - was it something you drink, or was it an ointment/liquid for external use? Indeed a bit more details and an image would help.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Cold sore treatment 2022/8/15 12:42
If you have a picture of the box or tube we will likely be able to help you, but unfortunately it is not possible to (or safe to speculate) identify a medication based on the color and general appearance.
You may also be able to find out from the clinic, even if you are not there many places at least where I am perform phone consults. Depending on the clinic's policy, the receptionist may also be able to pass on a question to the doctor, if it is just a simple matter of "I would like to know the name of that medication". In fact if it was a prescription medication you can just get a health summary or prescription record from reception. Many people carry a list of their regular medications, so it would not be an unusual request at all.
by SP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Cold sore treatment 2022/8/15 12:49
I just checked, topical antiviral therapy does indeed exist. However, it is only to be used in certain situations, and in certain other situations you need tablets.
Might be aciclovir, might also be something else in the same class of drugs. Might even just be simple anaesthetic or something else. Again, not safe to speculate without actually seeing the box/medication.
by SP (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread