Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Changes in flight info on visa application 2022/8/15 01:21
Hello!!
I recently got my student visa, very excited to move to Japan!

I had planned to fly with British Airways to Japan and had booked a ticket. However, the flight did not fit me anymore. The layovers were changed and I found them too short so I went ahead, cancelled that one and booked another flight with Japan Airlines.

The port of entry and the date of arrival will be the same as what I wrote on the visa application. Only the airline has changed. Is this an issue ? Should I call the embassy?

They did not even ask me to show a ticket so I assume itfs not an issue?

Please let me know. Thanks.
by Hanzawa3128  

Re: Changes in flight info on visa application 2022/8/15 18:26
No need to worry

It's just to give them a general idea of what your plans are.

Most people don't have a flight booked at the time they fill in the visa paperwork, most don't book until they are guaranteed entry.

My flight was different from my visa form too. My port of entry was different, i guessed I would land in Haneda, but when it came to booking I had cheaper options at Narita so I went there. Also now that I think back the airline was different too!
I had no problems , they didn't even question it.
Also I'm British too so the paperwork would have been the same as yours.

Good luck!
by Shelly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Changes in flight info on visa application 2022/8/15 22:52
Yes, no need to worry. My date on the visa application was several weeks off my actual arrival date as it took quite some time to get my removal organized.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread