Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is global business degree valid in US? 2022/9/4 23:01
I live in Japan and Ifm thinking about doing global business in college. But I donft really want to live here forever so I wanted to do something here that I could do in the US or another country too. This college has overseas internship and itfs well known for having a lot of exchange students. What do you guys think about it?
by Francini (guest)  

Re: Is global business degree valid in US? 2022/9/5 09:38
Complicated and it depends on what you mean by "valid". Valid for what exactly? Is a Japanese degree going to be recognised by employers as a real degree? In all but the rarest cases yes. Will it be as valuable to employers as a degree from an American university? Sometimes yes. Sometimes no. Will it be valid for progression to postgrad study at American institutions? Depends on the institution.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is global business degree valid in US? 2022/9/5 20:52
By valid I mean that if Ifd be able to work there with that degree from Japan. And thank you for your reply! Ifm just really worried ab my future and what will I do if someday I need to go live somewhere else.
by Francini (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is global business degree valid in US? 2022/9/5 21:14
Maybe you should ask that specific college for details. Typically, colleges show on their official websites the number of graduates who started certain careers. If it doesn't say on the website, you should make an inquiry to them.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Is global business degree valid in US? 2022/9/6 08:23
There is no blanket policy among US employers regarding what constitutes a valid (meaning good for employment) degree. It is 100% up to the individual who interviews you and anyone else in the HR department who looks at your application.

Some will see your degree as absolutely valid and no different from a US degree. Some - probably a small minority - will question how good your education can be if you received it outside the US.

Basically the answer to your question is yes. But just be aware that individual attitudes will vary.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread