Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Exchange Bureau in Japan 2022/9/17 06:45
Dear friends of Japan Guide,

would an Exchange Bureau / Facility, where I will exchange Euros to Japanese Yen give me a receipt like its common in Europe!?

For example in my homeland, Kazakhstan, not every Money Exchange Bureau gives a receipt or bill, that I exchanged for example 100 Euros. I would need it due to my job as a classical musician.

Thank you very much,

Have a nice day,

Aliya
by Aliya Turetayeva (guest)  

Re: Exchange Bureau in Japan 2022/9/17 11:03
At official exchange facilities, such as banks and currency exchanges, you will always receive a receipt.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange Bureau in Japan 2022/9/17 11:27
Yes, they give receipts, but there will always be human errors. It's absolutely normal to make sure you ask for a receipt for anything you pay. Just say "receipt please" if they don't give you one (which often happens at bars).
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange Bureau in Japan 2022/9/19 03:18
Dear friends,

Thank you very much for your answers!!! It helped me a lot!! Kind regards and all best wishes from Europe,

Aliya
by Aliya Turetayeva (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Exchange Bureau in Japan 2022/9/19 11:25
Use a real bank, or even an exchange ATM (located at some airports) and they give better rates than the exchange kiosks. You should get a receipt no problem. Certainly the last few times I ended up with foreign currency USD, AUD and GBP the ATM I used at Narita gave a slightly better rate than the bank and printed a nice detailed transaction record.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread