Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 10:00
Just booked a hotel in the Shibuya area that's 15 walk from the train station. We prefer a more door-to-door drop off from/to Narita though as we will be carrying a lot of luggage with 2 kids. Is it possible to schedule a private car/taxi for 4 people and 8 luggage? I think taxi is pretty expensive (andsmall?) so I am assuming private car is better. If so, where can I reserve one or any general recommendations? Thanks.
by darthBL  

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 11:23
Klook is one of many travel websites that lists private airport transfer services: https://www.klook.com/en-CA/airport-transfers/service/nrt-narita-inter...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 15:33
Maybe check the following before splashing out the money for a car:
- is there a limousine bus to your hotel? (Might be on hold now but maybe will be reactivated again soon)
- consider sending the bulk of your luggage from the airport to the hotel by TaQbin. It will arrive same or next day. Just pack one small luggage for the entire family for 1 day and everything else will arrive at the next day straight to your room even when you are not there.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 16:02
Thanks, will check all these options!
by darthBL rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 17:57
Also check the size of your room. 8 pieces of luggage for 4 people seems a lot. Most hotel rooms in Japan are quite small. So not sure if youfll be able to put everything into your room.

If you plan to Travel around changing hotels reducing baggage is also recommended, although you can always use TaQBin to ship baggage from one hotel to the next.

Man Hotels have a washing machine so you can cut down on clothes potentially.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 19:51
You can email & ask if they can cater to your needs. They generally respond quite quickly in English.

https://en.tokyomk.com/

I concur with @LikeBikefs suggestions.
by aa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/9/26 20:06
Pre Covid, there were groups of foreign service providers offering very, very cheap rates from Narita. I was told that they drove all the way using google or Siri as well as getting instructions on the phone as they didnft know the way back to Tokyo. And the vehicles were dodgy too.

Probably most have been flushed out by Covid but nevertheless, prudent to be careful especially travelling with kids.

Ifve used MK from KIX, within Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo (not Narita) and felt safe.

by aa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya area via private car/taxi? 2022/10/12 04:55
Thanks all. Update is I decided to book a private car using Klook. Seems to have good reviews and itfs cheaper than luggage shipping. Hope that itfs reliable and will show up lol.

I still need to book a car for the return flight. I am wondering if itfs cheaper to ask hotel to book it (if itfs cheaper) or use Klook again?
by darthBL rate this post as useful

reply to this thread