Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Parcel stuck at outward office of exchange 2022/10/9 12:52
Hi, I have a parcel (CD394068373JP) that was shipped from Japan on 30 Sep.

According to Japan Post's tracking, it arrived at Osaka's outward office of exchange on 1 Oct but the status has not been updated since then.

It's been over a week and I'm getting kinda worried that they lost my parcel.

Appreciate if anyone can share their experience and provide some advice / insight thanks!
by SC (guest)  

Re: Parcel stuck at outward office of exchange 2022/10/9 15:24
Depends on the type of parcel and its destination. Both omitted info.

Some countries don't have tracking so this is the last message you'll see.

Some surface parcels might not move for weeks.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Parcel stuck at outward office of exchange 2022/10/9 16:11
From the tracking number, I cannot tell by what method it was shipped. But even if I assume that it was sent by air, as Japan Post does not have its own aircraft (meaning they have to rely on other commercial carriers/airlines), it can take a while until a parcel finds the right aircraft to be placed onto.

Once it leaves Japan, it will get updated - i would wait a while more even before making an inquiry about it.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Parcel stuck at outward office of exchange 2022/10/10 16:31
SC,

i happened to call Japan Post's Tokyo central office concerning international parcels, and found out that the number of flights, particularly to the US, is quite limited currently that the waiting time until a parcel finds a spot on an aircraft can be very long. Priority is given to EMS (Express service), so others would be later in the queue :( Maybe that's what's happening with yours. But they are very very unlikely to lose anything.
Best wishes.

Re: Parcel stuck at outward office of exchange 2022/10/10 18:47
OK, tracking shows that it left Osaka! :)

Re: Parcel stuck at outward office of exchange 2022/10/10 19:13
Small Air Parcel by the looks of it by the non-priority look about it since it sat await space on a flight for 9 days.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread