Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

International shipping 2022/10/12 04:51
I was wondering whether it’s easy and convenient to ship stuff from Japan back to the USA once I am there. I don’t speak Japanese so what’s the best way to do that in terms of paying for the right weigh and custom info? I don’t need express (DHL/FedEx) so regular Japan mail would do.
by darthBL  

Re: International shipping 2022/10/12 06:34
Very easy with Japan Post.

For parcels to the US of A, they don't accept hand written address forms. So they need to be typed only. So perfect for a non Japanese writer.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: International shipping 2022/10/12 10:41
May I ask how? Do I use some machine to create the label, or do I prepare some address already printed/typed?

Can you please elaborate? Also as I do not have a japanese address, what should I use?
by darthBL rate this post as useful

Re: International shipping 2022/10/12 20:14
You need to send electronic clearance beforehand. Without sending it, your package will be sent back.
To send the data, you have to use 国際郵便マイページサービス (international shipping my-page service).
You can print an address label with your own printer (on the PC site of international shipping my-page service) or you can use the dedicated printer at the post office (on the mobile site).

Everything is explained in this page below.

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ead/index.html
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread