Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Shiomi - Best transport option? 2022/11/15 15:52
Hi all, My partner and I are travelling to Japan next May. We will be landing at Tokyo Narita at 5pm on a Tuesday evening. Our hotel is very close to Shiomi Station (Shiomi Prince Tokyo Bay). I'm trying to figure out the best way to travel, keeping in mind we will be tired, will each have a suitcase and backpack, and we would like to avoid rush hour as much as possible. I've identified the following options but would like advice:

1. Bus to Tokyo Disneyland then catch a train from Maihama on the Keiyō Line to Shiomi Station.

2. Catch the Narita Express Train to Tokyo Station then Keiyō Line to Shiomi Station.

3. Airport Limousine Bus to Kaihimmakuhari and then Keiyō Line to Shiomi Station.

4. Airport Limousine Bus to Toyosu Station and taxi to hotel.

If it was you, which option would you recommend? (Including any that I haven't mentioned here.) Thanks for reading and I appreciate your time.
by Tom (guest)  

Re: Narita to Shiomi - Best transport option? 2022/11/15 17:28
My japanese Friend will give you better inform ation. However From JR Tokyo to JR shiomi station is 5 Km. so i suggest you to buy JR nex tokyo round trip ticket=4070 yen which cover JR shiomi station.
by Meritage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shiomi - Best transport option? 2022/11/15 17:34
You are spoiled for options so I would take the one that seems fastest at the time when you are really ready to leave the airport.
The busses only run quite infrequently so might not be that useful. There is also Keisei line from airport not only NEX.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shiomi - Best transport option? 2022/11/15 19:23
2 is difficult to transfer, so I do not recommend it.
It takes about 10 minutes on foot to reach the Keiyo Line platform from other Tokyo Station platforms.
1 is not recommended as it may be crowded with people returning from Disneyland.
3 takes longer and can be crowded from Maihama.
4 if you have the money to spare.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shiomi - Best transport option? 2022/11/15 19:59
IMHO the transfer from the centre of Tokyo Station to the Keiyo line platform is not that bad.
I did that transfer a lot with my wife and 6 year old daughter in 2018. We had 2 small backpacks, 1 large suitecase with wheels (which broke after the trip to the heavy weight :-) ) and 1 large duffel bag. With luggage the walking time should be around 15 minutes assuming your fitness level is reasonable. Our hotel was the APA one near the Shiomi station. When we went back - then we planned so that we had one hour to spend from the start of the Shiomi station to the NEX tracks in Tokyo Station. If i remember correctly then we had about 20-30 minutes spare time. Local train from Shiomi to JR Tokyo was around 10 minutes.

So i recommend to use the NEX ticket from Narita.

BR,
Lauri
by Lauriandres (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread