Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JAL: Passport Validity Requirements? 2023/1/11 08:47
I know that Japan only requires your passport to be valid during the duration of your stay. I'll be leaving Japan on 3/16/23 and my passport expires a month later.

Does JAL have any additional validity duration requirements for boarding a JAL plane?

Thanks!!!
by Rocketman0302  

Re: JAL: Passport Validity Requirements? 2023/1/11 17:02
Japan does have passport validity limts. 6 months. You need a new passport.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL: Passport Validity Requirements? 2023/1/11 17:43
To h,

I donft think they have that requirement?
https://jp.usembassy.gov/services/welcomebacktojapan/
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: JAL: Passport Validity Requirements? 2023/1/12 08:09
@H - the requirement for Japan is that the passport must be valid for the duration of stay. The "six month" requirement applies in other countries, but not here.
For the OP - what you might encounter is an uninformed ground staff worker in another country that does not know the rules and could make boarding troublesome - some airlines impose this additional restriction when they should not (it happens). For JAL I would not expect any issue.
Many official Government websites with this information, for example https://jp.usembassy.gov/services/welcomebacktojapan/
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: JAL: Passport Validity Requirements? 2023/1/12 16:10
just get a bloody new passport and save yourself the trouble, how hard can it be? Jesus.
by JO HN (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JAL: Passport Validity Requirements? 2023/1/12 20:16
JO HN......This was an unplanned trip. Getting a new "bloody passport" may not be possible in the time I have before I leave. Thanks for your helpful answer
by Rocketman0302 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread