Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita T2 to Echigo Yuzawa in March 2023 2023/1/13 02:14
Hi all,
I am planning a trip with aged (total 4 adults; 2 are aged - walk slowly) to do a snowboard trip in Naeba Prince Hotel, as we will carry 4 luggages, we would like to have a less walking route from Narita Airport T2 to Echigo Yuzawa and follow by a free shuttle bus (latest at 1730).

1 March 2023

(Option 1)
1310 arrival Narita Airport T2
1430 [estimate time] to Nippori (by Skyline)
1518 Nippori (Skyline) to Ueno (JR)
1541 Arrive Ueno - according to Google Map, it takes 6 mins to walk from Ueno JR to Ueno Shinkansen
1546 Ueno to Echigo yuzawa (by Shinkansen) - so by the time I arrive that should be 1547 at earliest
1659 Arrive Echigo yuzawa
1730 Last free shuttle bus to Naeba Prince Hotel

(Option 2)
1424 [estimate time] to Tokyo Station (by Narita Express)
1514 Arrive Tokyo Station (JR Narita Express)
1540 Tokyo Station to Echigo yuzawa (by Shinkansen)

Questions and Concerns:
1) Can I use IC card on: Narita Express? Nippori to Ueno (JR)? Tokyo to Echigo Yuzawa Shinkansen? Or shall I just pre-buy the JR East Pass (5 days) and see whatfs happening on the actual day?

2) Option 1, what if I miss the Shinkansen at Ueno, then I will miss the free shuttle bus at Echigo Yuzawa, anyone can suggest websites of pre-book taxi from Echigo Yuzawa station to Naeba Prince Hotel?

3) Option 2, What if I miss the Narita Express at Narita Airport, then I have to go back Option 1, right? As I am traveling with aged who cannot walk too fast / far / carry the suitcase etc.

Please kindly advise whether there has a better way to go to the Naeba Prince Hotel, many thanks in advance.

Mag
by Mag (guest)  

Re: Narita T2 to Echigo Yuzawa in March 2023 2023/1/13 20:10
1541 Arrive Ueno - according to Google Map, it takes 6 mins to walk from Ueno JR to Ueno Shinkansen
Even best case scenario Google maps walking times are hard to meet. It only works out if you are at the right door if the train, get first to the elevator, no precisely where to go and donft find any queue / slow people on your way. These 6 min seem to be completely impossible. If you manage to do it with luggage and elderly relatives in 15 min that would already be fast. Ifd count 20 min for safety.
Btw, tge Keisei liner goes all the way to Keisei Ueno. Maybe better than changing trains in Nippori. But walking distance is longer from Keisei Ueno to JR Ueno.

1546 Ueno to Echigo yuzawa (by Shinkansen) - so by the time I arrive that should be 1547 at earliest

(Option 2)
1424 [estimate time] to Tokyo Station (by Narita Express)
1514 Arrive Tokyo Station (JR Narita Express)
1540 Tokyo Station to Echigo yuzawa (by Shinkansen)

Questions and Concerns:
1) Can I use IC card on: Narita Express?
no. You need a supplement both for NEX and Keisei liner. Buy at a machine or manned gate. Also needs some time.
I think you are overly optimistic between landing and train departure.
You can use IC card between Nippori and Ueno if you use JR train.
You cannot use IC card on the Shinkansen. You need a separate ticket. And time to buy it.
For the pass, I donft know if it is paying off. But only NEX to Echigo with no travel back doesnft sound like enough to make a 5 day pass work. Plus you canft take Keisei line with JR pass. Different railway company.

Nippori to Ueno (JR)? Tokyo to Echigo Yuzawa Shinkansen? Or shall I just pre-buy the JR East Pass (5 days) and see whatfs happening on the actual day?

2) Option 1, what if I miss the Shinkansen at Ueno, then I will miss the free shuttle bus at Echigo Yuzawa, anyone can suggest websites of pre-book taxi from Echigo Yuzawa station to Naeba Prince Hotel?

Then you will need to take next Shinkansen and a taxi. I went twice to Echigo Yuzawa for skying and there were taxis queued up at the station. You could only or preBook once you are sitting in the Shinkansen anyway, so suggest to just take a cab from the station.

3) Option 2, What if I miss the Narita Express at Narita Airport, then I have to go back Option 1, right? As I am traveling with aged who cannot walk too fast / far / carry the suitcase etc.

If you miss a train, you need to take the next train. Good thing you have 2 different trains NEX and Keisei liner that both bring you to the Shinkansen tracks. So you can take the next Keisei liner instead of next NEX or vice versa. But only if you donft have a JR pass.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Narita T2 to Echigo Yuzawa in March 2023 2023/1/14 14:33
Echigo yuzawa located in niigata prefecture cover by JR Tokyo wide pass 3 day 10180 yen
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread