Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to use car rental websites for non-locals 2023/1/13 08:35
Hello folks:

I plan to rent a car in Japan for a few days in the countryside. Almost all car rental agencies have an English website but this does not offer lower, member-only rates. These favorable rates are available in the Japanese version only for members. So, how do I rent at these lower rates? I don't seem to see a place where I can join as a member in the English version.

I can read basic Japanese and will use Google Translate, and so language is less of a problem. However, I don't have a Japanese address or phone number. Thank you!
by doggieluver  

Re: How to use car rental websites for non-locals 2023/1/14 11:40
Select English as the language in the top right corner. All the big rental companies have language options.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to use car rental websites for non-locals 2023/1/15 13:29
Thank you. I did select the English version. However, the rate is more expensive than the Japanese version's member rate. How do I join as a member for the English site?
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

Re: How to use car rental websites for non-locals 2023/1/15 13:40

I don't have a Japanese address or phone number.
When I encounter a similar problem with an online reservation, I always use my hotel address as well as the phone number.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to use car rental websites for non-locals 2023/1/15 19:18
Prices do seem expensive at the moment - but orix is normally ok when it comes to prices.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: How to use car rental websites for non-locals 2023/1/15 23:06
Thank you to you all.

There are only Toyota and Times in the city I am renting from. Times shows the same prices for both versions of their website, but Toyota shows lower prices in the Japanese version. I want to rent from Toyota because I drive a Toyota at home.
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

reply to this thread