Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

EMS parcel Japan to UK, 7 weeks in waiting... 2023/1/21 04:52
I had a parcel shipped EMS from Japan to the UK on the 29th November, the last update was 'Dispatch from outward office of exchange' on the 1st of December, just over 7 weeks ago.

I've had over 50 parcels shipped the same method from Japan using EMS over the past 10 years and usually they arrive in the UK within a week, on one occasion I recall one taking about 2 weeks but never have I had to wait this long.

I appreciate it's a busy time of year for post but I'd be lying if I was to say I wasn't concerned.

Is anyone else having issues? What do you think the chances are that my parcel is lost?

I did see that it took someone else in Germany almost 8 weeks to receive their EMS parcel from Japan so stories like that give me hope, but with each day that passes it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay optimistic.
by DrTchock (guest)  

Re: EMS parcel Japan to UK, 7 weeks in waiting... 2023/1/21 10:31
That status means it left Japan. Is there any way you can send a request to Royal Mail or Parcel Force (Ifm not exactly sure who the carrier is once it reaches the UK) to start an investigation with the tracking number to see what is happening?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: EMS parcel Japan to UK, 7 weeks in waiting... 2023/1/21 13:18
Japan post stuff is still a mess a the moment. While they have regained some of their services. Their services are just rubbish timeframes currently.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: EMS parcel Japan to UK, 7 weeks in waiting... 2023/1/21 16:16
Japan Post has been operating perfectly fine for me. The only delay was with international parcels due to food regulations and customs.

The Royal Mail and ParcelForce however... absolutely bloody useless. And this is coming from someone who lived in the UK for nearly a decade.
by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread