Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can i use the deposit amount at konbini? 2023/2/6 19:20
dear bro n sis,

from what i read in https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
about:
How to get back the 500 yen refundable deposit?

Bring your card to the ticket counter of the issuing operator in order to get back your 500 yen deposit. Unused credit can also be refunded; however, most companies will subtract a 220 yen handling fee from the remaining balance. Note that IC cards can be returned only to the issuing company, e.g. it is not possible to return a Suica card in Osaka or an Icoca card in Tokyo.

is it possible let's say the balance in my card is 500 yen deposit and 200 yen balance so the total is 700 yen, i use it to shop at konbini for full 700 yen?

or is there a way not to get deducted 220 yen when i refund my card?

TIA
by Amanchen  

Re: can i use the deposit amount at konbini? 2023/2/7 08:33
the balance in my card is 500 yen deposit and 200 yen balance so the total is 700 yen, i use it to shop at konbini for full 700 yen?
No. Your balance is 200 yen.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: can i use the deposit amount at konbini? 2023/2/7 09:29
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: can i use the deposit amount at konbini? 2023/2/7 18:53
i'll be arriving at Kansai, Osaka, is suica available to be bought in Osaka?
TIA
by Amanchen rate this post as useful

Re: can i use the deposit amount at konbini? 2023/2/8 05:06
If you have an iPhone, you have the option to download Suica and Pasmo on to Wallet. Then deposit whatever amount you want. This is by far the easiest way as you can top up anytime without physically going to the machine with cash. Or be concerned about getting the small deposit back.

The exchange rate is determined by the credit card you use.
by aa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread