Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/13 18:42
Is it recommended to visit Huis Ten Bosch as a day trip from Fukuoka? We are planning to visit Kyushu in early June and plan to land in Fukuoka first for a couple days. I know it's closer to Nagasaki but we have been to Nagasaki before and didn't plan to go there again, so is it recommended if it's like a 4-hour round trip? Or should we plan to stay in Huis Ten Bosch for 1 night?

Also if we go in the first week of June, what kinds of flowers are blooming in the park?
by darthBL  

Re: Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/14 07:08
I went in late April, just before Golden week. There were lots and lots of tulips and other flowers. I can tell you that there were many rose trellises, and I am guessing there will be Hydrangeas in full bloom.

I did a day trip, so yes, it is possible. I do believe that an overnight would have been a better experience.

Good Luck, in planning your trip.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/14 07:55
Day trip is very easy. 2 hours train ride each way.

There are late evening trains to return to Fukuoka.

Just plan for a sleep in the next morning.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/14 08:04
A little warning, it is like a theme park and the music goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

It is irritating beyond belief. We stayed there as a launch pad for Nagasaki Bio Park (which was epic), I would do plenty to avoid it in future though the bay is pretty enough. I'd day trip to Karatsu instead.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/14 10:49
Yes, it can be done as a day trip, and the hydrangea in June are one of the highlights of the year. And when I went there, I didn't find music droning on forever there at all... but I found a curious mix of music like Hotel California, Volare or old Italian love songs etc. I suppose there is no long list of traditional Dutch songs to play...

At any rate, if you can spend more time in Sasebo, I highly recommend it. Take the 99 Island cruise, and see the beautiful bay from several lookout points like Yumihari, Udogoe, Tenkaiho, Funakoshi, etc. Try the Sasebo Burger. There is much more to the area than just Huis Ten Bosch.
https://youtu.be/JIKAjc5MfPs
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/15 02:31
Thanks again all. Is it better to rent a car to HTB, or a train ride will suffice? If we were to stay in the HTB area, which city/hotel is recommended?
by darthBL rate this post as useful

Re: Day trip to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka? 2023/2/15 07:17
If a day trip with early departure and a late return. You would need to hire the car for 2-3 days. Plus highway toll fees. Might not be worth it if 2 persons. If I higher number of persons, then might be cost effective.

You have to do the cost calculations yourself.

I personally would save the hassle and just get a direct train.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread