Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Special requirement for bringing Cipralex? 2023/2/25 00:16
Hello,

I was wondering if a special permission or procedure is required in order to bring to Japan 2 weeks supply of Cipralex (Escitalopram) that was prescribed by the doctor?

Thank you.
by Sk2023 (guest)  

Re: Special requirement for bringing Cipralex? 2023/2/28 14:26
I would ask immigration or talk to someone at the embassy in Japan. You can email them.

We here on a forum don't know what is permitted when it comes to prescription drugs.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Special requirement for bringing Cipralex? 2023/2/28 20:01
As far as I can look up from the internet, Cipralex is a generic for Lexapro, and it is prescribed also in Japan by doctors for depression (though not for panic disorders). Also there are non-Japanese mail-order pharmacies who are advertising for deliveries to Japan.

This tells me that as a substance it is allowed, and since the amount you are bringing in is less than one monthf worth and it is for your personal use, there shouldnft be any special procedural requirement. (I am not a pharmacist though.)
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread