Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Long-term luggage storage at Narita Airport 2023/3/5 17:54
Hi all,

My husband and I are heading to Japan for 30 days at the end of March.
We're then headed from Japan to Africa for 30 days.
Due to vastly different climates, we're essentially planning on taking one suitcase with 'Japan clothes' and one with 'Africa clothes'.
I'd rather not lug our Africa suitcase around with us, so I'm trying to find somewhere to store it - ideally in or near Narita Airport (where we depart).

Does anyone know of such long-term luggage storage?

Thanks for your help!
by CaylaFay  

Re: Long-term luggage storage at Narita Airport 2023/3/5 21:20
Ifve used this type of luggage storage service right at the airport when I went on a short (several daysf) trip to a tropical island during winter in Japan.

https://www.jalabc.com/en/hands-freetravel/baggage-storage.html
(Select gEnglishh to get the rates).

Their business hours might be limited currently, and i donft know if they take something for a long-time like one month, but this is one option.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Long-term luggage storage at Narita Airport 2023/3/6 16:10
You may consider Ta-Q-Bin delivery service (if you don't know, just google). This allows you to send your luggage to your hotel where you will stay seven days later. You can use this service 3 or 4 times and finally receive it at Narita Airport. The total fee should be less than the luggage storage at Narita. It may be troublesome to send the luggage several times though.

One more point: I don't know about your Africa luggage, but in Japan you may be able to minimize your clothes if you wash your clothes every, say, 3 days. In recent years, Japanese accommodations tend to provide washing machines: Some provides in-room machine, some provides laundry machine room. During Covid days I traveled about 15 times, stayed about 30 accomodations (hotels, small inns, serviced apartments but not "business hotels") and many of them provided washing machines.

If you carry only 3 days of clothes, you might use only two carry-on size backpacks. Your "Africa" luggage may also help you.

Have a nice trip!
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Long-term luggage storage at Narita Airport 2023/3/14 07:08
Thank you for your help
by Pinky29 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread