Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Yoshino timing 2023/3/13 03:06
Since there are multiple heights/elevations at Mt Yoshino for cherry blossoms, how does one go about picking the best date to visit? Should it be based off the peak timing for nakasenbon or kamisenbon or between the two?
by jolinn  

Re: Mt Yoshino timing 2023/3/13 07:06
The most spectacular section are the Shimo, Naka and Kami areas of the mountain, which bloom quite close together. This year, they are forecast to reach full bloom on April 3, 5 and 8 respectively. If these forecasts are correct, then a visit around April 6-9 would likely be ideal, although for the matter of crowds, I recommend to avoid weekends.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Yoshino timing 2023/3/13 07:47
I can only go on the 12th or 13th so Im not sure if it will be too late. Thats why Im asking. I agree, if I could move my dates, I would go as you suggested.
by jolinn rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Yoshino timing 2023/3/13 07:53
This page gives detailed daily status reports. As you only have 2 possible days either of them are fine. If you can avoid WE better.

https://hanami.walkerplus.com/list/ar0729/3.html
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Yoshino timing 2023/3/14 01:30
Ya I've checked hanami walker. I wish they had predictions too but I've been using other sites for that. I feel like the daily updated flowering status is most useful for like checking the day before to decide whether to go, and not as helpful for planning ahead.

Also, what is the "Zao-do Kaku-no-hoe" that will be held on the 11th and 12th?
by jolinn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread