Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bank vs money exchanger 2023/3/16 13:00
Dear bros n sis,

I want to exchange poundsterling to yen, which one has better rate, between bank and money exchanger in Japan?

TIA
by Amanchen  

Re: Bank vs money exchanger 2023/3/16 19:55
Probably the bank.

Better just to get yen out of the atms and you dont have to carry huge amounts of cash. And they normally give good rates.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bank vs money exchanger 2023/3/17 07:27
Whatever you do, stay away from Travelex exchange booths. They are the worst. I usually use the bank at the airport. I get about 3 yen less than the official exchange rate when dealing with USD.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bank vs money exchanger 2023/3/17 08:57
The best way is to use credit card or debit card at ATM machine because they gave the best rate but if you do not have money in your credit card or debit card then convert money in the money. Do not go to the money exchanger because their conversion rate is very high and also their fee is more than bank.
by SR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bank vs money exchanger 2023/3/21 22:58
You'll save most money by shopping around before you leave the UK and getting a debit or credit card which has low or no fees to take cash out abroad/low forex loading charges.

Then, once you're in Japan, just take money from an ATM
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread