Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

COE processing, urgent Japan meeting 2023/3/18 00:18
I am in India, and my Certificate of Eligibility (COE) is still being processed for work. However, I have an urgent meeting in Japan next month with the same company, and I am still determining if my COE will be ready by then (estimated to be in June).
Can I apply for a short-term visa, such as a tourist or business visa, to attend the meeting and then return to India? Afterwards, I can proceed to apply for the visa with the COE. I have been working remotely with the company for the past five months.
by Okay Okay  

Re: COE processing, urgent Japan meeting 2023/3/22 11:41
We don't know what immigration says about that kind of situation. If it's work related to attend a meeting, then you probably can't just come on a tourist visa, because then you wouldn't be doing "tourist" related things as according to the visa. It might be easier to just contact the embassy and ask them directly. We aren't law or immigration experts here on a forum.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing, urgent Japan meeting 2023/3/22 17:40
I saw the exactly same post here 1-2 months ago. or is that my nightmare ?
may I ask you why your company doesn't help you, although they invite you to the meeting ?

if you are invited to come, you can come.
if you are not invited, you need to find another reason to come.
it is now common sense that they can make a meeting remotely.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread