Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to fix film camera in Osaka? 2023/3/23 16:12
I owned a film camera and will be in Osaka for around 3 days, so would like to find a shop in Osaka to fix my film camera.
The current issue is the zoom button. I once dropped the camera and the zoom button got spoilt and it does affect the shutter as well. (Sometimes)

Any good and affordable camera shops to recommend?
Will be good if the person speaks English / Chinese…
by Ann (guest)  

Re: Where to fix film camera in Osaka? 2023/3/23 22:30
If you Google フィルムカメラ 修理 大阪 there are some results. Report back if you have more questions about what you find.

No guarantee you will find someone who speaks English or Chinese but you should be able to demonstrate the issue in person. There are a couple of potential problems. First of all with older cameras a sometimes someone will have a lot of expertise about Nikons but none about Leicas, for example. Also if spare parts are involved and they have to be ordered it is not necessarily a given that the job will be completed in three days. Won't necessarily turn out to be the case, just thinking worst case scenarios.

Personally if I didn't speak the language I would get the camera repaired in my home country. Is that definitely not an option for you?
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to fix film camera in Osaka? 2023/3/24 01:31
My camera brand is Ricoh and I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ahh I went to ask around the camera shops in my country, and all of them told me they don’t have the parts as the camera is too old.
Hence, I would like to try my luck to get it fix in Japan since I’m visiting.
by Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where to fix film camera in Osaka? 2023/3/24 11:00
I am no expert, but I think the trickiest part is getting it fixed within such a short amount of time.

If I were you, I'll ask for recommendations at your hotel for a nearby shop run by the owner him/herself. If the owner has knowledge, (s)he would be able to fix it at the spot. Your hotel concierge can assist you in making a phone call in advance.

Otherwise, you can call in advance to see if you can go directly to one of the Ricoh repair offices in Osaka as shown below. Click 地図 for the "map" of each office. You may have to wait longer at the spot, or you may not even be able to visit due to pandemic policies, but, obviously, that's where the experts are.
https://www.ricoh.co.jp/sales/about/map/kansai/

The one thing you want to avoid is to visit the larger camera shop franchises like Yodobashi or Bic. Their job is to not fix but to send your camera to Ricoh to be fixed there and then have it sent back, which would take days at best. But they would most likely have English/Chinese-speaking workers to accommodate for their many foreign customers. If your hotel doesn't work, try talking to the workers in these franchises for advise in your own language.

I hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread