Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/3 21:59
Hi guys,
I have like 15-20 colleagues working in the office with me, what is a nice low budget souvenir I can buy for all of them? Can't take too much space in the luggage

Any suggestion is appreciated
by Margu  

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/4 07:41
Dear Margu,

a Souvenir that I like to bring home are KitKat's. There are so many sorts in Japan, but one of the "classic" one are Matcha-Flavour. My Colleagues really like any kind of sweets. :-)

Souvenirs, that I also like to buy are folding fans ( the ones from 100Yen Stores like DAISO have very nice patterns) and colorful Socks.

Origami Paper or little handkershiefs may also be an option.

I hope it helps you a little bit!

Greetings,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/4 07:46
Are your coworkers in Japan? Then omiyage (something typical to eat from where you’re u went ) is the way to go.
If your coworkers are abroad you could theoretically also go for omiyage or some typical Japanese sweets/cookies … that overseas might be peculiar. Eg kitkat in strange tastes, octopus cookies, senbei, …
I personally am a fan of things that will not linger around and just can eaten or otherwise consumed
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/4 22:45
Is "omiyage" a new English loanword? In Japanese language, it means "souvenir" of all kinds, not just food.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/5 13:22
During previous trips @Japan, i often bought stationery for my subordinates. Especially pen.. Signo, Muji gel ink, range of Pilot.

Just a thought
by kopikui rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/5 17:10
I see Omiyage mostly consist in sweets. While it's a great Idea for a souvenir for my friends, I think i won't bring food to my coworkers. In Italy we have a long tradition of pastries, and we usually bring them to the office from various regions of our country, I simply cannot compete with those XD. I don't think peculiar flavors will be appreciated. But I'm sure my friends would love to try them, thank you @Vio and @LikeBike

100yen store could save me, fans are a great Idea, might get those for the girls in the office.
@kopikui stationery is a great idea too, but we have a Muji store here in Milan. Damn Globalization, nothing is original anymore! XD
by Margu rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/5 22:12
You can also pick up packages of really pretty chopsticks if you think your coworkers might enjoy them - or some may even be learning to use them for the first time. And they are easy and light to pack!
by Sue (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Souvenir for my coworkers 2023/4/7 20:52
@Sue that's another great suggestion. Everyone eats sushi sooner or later
What do you guys think about Omamori and Daruma? Are those expensive?
by Margu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread