Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/6 11:04
As the title says, how can I find many anime dolls in Tokyo or Osaka area? Except Kiddy Land perhaps.

Is Akihabara the best option, or are there better options to find those?
by JPN48  

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/6 15:25
Apart from Akihabara, Nakano Broadway is my standard reply :)

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3069.html
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/7 09:28
Do you mean currently produced dolls of anime characters? Any toy shop from Kiddyland to Toys R Us or the basement level of Hakuhinkan Toy Park.

Do you mean older dolls based off anime characters? You can try Dollyteria in Ikebukuro and the 4th floor of Nakano Mall. I think there is now a Dollyteria in Akihabara and Akihabara might have some other shops selling used dolls outside of Mandarake. I want to say they have a branch of Dolk if you are look for Chinese or Korean Ball joint dolls and Volks has a make your own DD place in Akihabara.

Do you just generally mean dolls that have an anime look but are not specific characters? Again, see any toy store or if you want to go hard core, Takara-Tomy has several shops exclusively selling their higher end dolls. Volks has a bunch of shops selling DDs and Superdollfie or you can try Azone.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/7 14:43
Thank you for the answers.

To be more exact, while I am looking for general anime dolls too, but I am especially looking for Spy x Family character dolls. If you guys know where they are, it would be perfect.
by JPN48 rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/8 00:59
Are you sure there are Spy X Family anime dolls? (I'm not talking UFO catcher plushes)

In general, Magical girl series are the ones that get dolls and Jump series do not. The only exception I can think of is Takara Tomy made Demon Slayer dolls. They sold out quite fast and would be sold in the used places I've listed since it's specifically Licca and one of her boyfriends as the two main characters from Demon Slayer. (The girl doll has the same eyes as Licca vs. the anime character. I think there is currently a Licca Mario doll.)

There are lots of figures and plushes for Spy x Family but as far as I know no dolls.

Dollyteria only sells dolls, so it won't have figures.

There are tons of shops all over selling figures.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/8 09:51
Well I guess if there are no dolls for it, plushes would be okay too. But where is the best place to get those plushes?

Thanks for your information, I didn't know Jump don't get dolls.

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/8 23:24
Today I got the dolls I want already in a random shop just at the main street of Akihabara.

Thanks a lot for your help and responses!

Re: Where to buy anime dolls 2023/4/14 17:27
Thanks all for the suggestions.
by AnitaStamant rate this post as useful

reply to this thread