Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/4/30 05:58
How can I book maxi-taxi or mini-bus for 8 adults at Shirakawa-go for Sunday 22 Nov at 1300?
What cost for approx 2 hours Shirakawa-go along Hakusan White Road to Kukube Falls and return, including some walking time and sightseeing stops?
by Peter James (guest)  

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/4/30 09:07
correction to above Sunday 22 October
by Peter James (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/4/30 21:48
We are determined to help you
But i cant find the answer ,solution
So can you give us

A:Departure bus stop or addres or railstation
B:Arrival bus stop or address or rail sta name
Or You can give hotel address too
Then someone can help you for your journey
by Eric (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/6 08:50
Thanks Eric. We are interested in jumbo taxi for 8 people on Sunday 22nd October departure at about 1300 from Shirakawa-go bus terminal, for sightseeing on Hakusan White Rioad, and return to the bus terminal approx 3 hours later at 1600. (I had previously thought 2 hours was enough, but now think 3 hours are needed, perhaps including a bit of time driving around sites in Shirakawa-go and nearby.
regards, Peter
by Peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/7 03:05
PS:i want to help you,i am no expert.i am ord inary Foreigner with minimal japanese ability

Shirakawago bus Terminal located in ono city, gifu prefecture.Hakusan white road located in shiramine city, ishikawa prefecture.167 km
In this Forum ,i never recommend Taxi or car, so this time i also recommend you publictran sport.From shirakawago,board kaetsuno bus for shin takaoka ,proceed to tsurugi eki.Here board hokuriku bus for shiramine kitaguchi.
Hope you will found my info somehow helpful
by Eric (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/7 06:34
Thanks Eric for your message. Our purpose is to see the waterfalls and scenery along the Hakusan White Road. and do short hikes, returning to Shirakawa-go up to 3 hours later. I will ring the Shirakawa-go tourist office.
arigator , Peter

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/7 22:27
Hakusan white road =34 km Long
Toll Fee=1700 + 1700 =3400(entry + exit fee)
Tour Bus=7000 yen,per person from kanaza wa ,ishikawa, shirakawago
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/8 02:10
I'm not trying to burst your bubble - but Japan does not have a large number of large taxis and these are almost non-existent in rural Japan. As such - it may exist but I highly doubt that you will find an 8 person taxi in Shirakawago
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/8 11:19
I have gone to some out-of-the-way places in rural Japan, and have hired a taxi for several hours to tour. The last time was in Oboke in Shikoku to see the Kazurabashi vine bridges. I just contacted the local Taxi company and they're more than willing to negotiate a flat fee, which was incredibly reasonable. We treated our driver to lunch with us.

If you go to Tripadvisor, and search for Takayama Taxi, there is a Medix Taxi company which should be able to help you. You might need two separate taxis (though there is a picture of a van on the tripadvisor page). There is another company, Happy, which does tours, and they may be able to help you.
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/8 14:12
Many thanks indeed to each of you for your very helpful responses.
I was aware of the bus from Kanizawa aklong Hakusan White rd, and will probably do that as far as Shirakawa, then transfer to normal bus to Takayama (instead of return on tour bus to Kanizawa).
But we want to explore if jumbo taxi is available, as that wd give us more flexibility (incl time to trek). Yes,personalised tour on jumbo taxi does seem possible from Takayama and return, so a taxi cd meet us in Shirakawa, do the tour, then drop us at our Takayama hotel as planned that evening. But if i can find a local, that wd be even better/cheaper. English language desirable but not essential. I will ring the tourist office.

To Oenophile Angler (love your nickname), by coincidence, we do plan similar as you from Sunriver in Oboke along Iya Valley. I found on web a company Iya Valley Tours there with jumbo taxi. Was that who you used? i am glad to note you had good experience there, and hope the fish were biting!

thanks a lot
Peter
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/9 00:13
From shirakawago to Takayama: 67min, 39km 2600 yen by highway bus : nohi bus, stop at hatogaya st, Lijima bus stop
Or Highway bus: hokuriku railway bus
Or Highway bus: kaetsuno bus
by Meritage (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/9 09:32
The Taxi company is Ooboke Taxi and they have a website in English. I actually booked through a tour company called Veltra, which acted as a middleman.

https://www.veltra.com/en/asia/japan/tokushima/a/115637?cid=204

Here is the taxi website.

http://ooboke-taxi.com/english/

We had a 4.5 hour tour for three people and it cost about 20,000 yen. This was July, 2018.

By the way, we stayed at the Iya Onsen Hotel, a medium sized Onsen Ryokan, and I highly recommend it. We had a private bath in our room/suite and the meals were fantastic!
by Oenophile Angler rate this post as useful

Re: Shirakawa-go maxitaxi to Hakusan White Rd 2023/5/9 15:16
Many thanks Meritage and Oenophile Angler for your very helpful info
cheers
Peter

reply to this thread