Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Luggage delivery 2023/5/26 19:34
I will be travelling from Osaka to Hakone for one night and to Kawaguchiko for 2 nights before heading to Tokyo. I just wonder if is possible to send luggage from Osaka station to Kawaguchiko hotel. I understand there is Takuhaibin service but there does not seem to be any site that I can enquire regarding the service and rates . Or we can only check when we are there?
Thank you
by Chiewling  

Re: Luggage delivery 2023/5/27 17:37
I will be travelling from Osaka to Hakone for one night and to Kawaguchiko for 2 nights before heading to Tokyo. I just wonder if is possible to send luggage from Osaka station to Kawaguchiko hotel.

It is logistically possible to send luggage from a takuhaibin station to a hotel, only if the hotel says they can accept it.

I understand there is Takuhaibin service but there does not seem to be any site that I can enquire regarding the service and rates

There are several takuhaibin companies in Japan, and there are more than one in and near JR Osaka Station. Rates differ depending on the company, the size of the item and the distance it would be sent to. Details are shown in their official websites. Typically, an item collected by early afternoon would arrive to the destination before noon the next day.

Takuhaibin companies also provide pick-up service with a small additional fee, so you may want to consider sending your luggage from your accommodation in Osaka City. It is also possible to send takuhaibin from convenience stores. And you can also send/accept luggage to/at takuhaibin stations instead of hotels.

So, first, you should ask your hotel to see if they accept luggage sent from their hotel guests.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage delivery 2023/5/27 18:23
Thank you very much. This info is definitely helpful
by Chiewling rate this post as useful

reply to this thread