Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to find pet shop/dog show. 2005/7/24 11:45
I am going to Tokyo the end of November.I am interested in visiting a big pet shop that may have the breed Japanese Chin in it. Could anyone tell me any big pet shops in the area of Shibuya?Also is there any dog shows with the Japanese Chin in it around that time?I appreciate the help.
by Winny  

anyone knows a pet shop? 2005/7/25 18:28
Does anyone know any large pet shop in Tokyo?
by Winny rate this post as useful

Maybe Some Help 2005/8/27 19:00
I may be of some help... there are lots of stores that sell pets, but "large pet stores" are few. The only major one I know of is Pet City in Odaiba. They also sell dogs at these stores: Super VivaHome, JMart, and Homes. Pets in stores are quite expensive.
by Ted rate this post as useful

thank you 2005/8/27 20:37
thanks so much for the information.Do you know where about Pet city is in Odaiba....location?

... 2005/8/28 10:16
Pet City is located in the shopping mall called "Sun Walk", which again is located in the entertainment complex called "Palette Town" on Odaiba.

The following page contains details on how to get there:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3008.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you 2005/8/28 10:47
Thank you for the information again.Look ing forward to my trip

Looking to purchase a dog 2005/11/5 19:42
I am military at Zama Camp and I a looking for a small breed puppy for my family. Can anyone recommend good places to purchase a puppy 1 to 6 months in age.
by Kay rate this post as useful

Pet Stores Near Zama Camp 2008/6/12 00:13
I can't speak much about the area near Zama but you could go near Yokosuka Naval Base. There is this really great store at Daiei Mall on the ground floor opposite a Thai restaurant, Sawasdee. I got my healthy miniature pomeranian for about USD 600. Well that is pretty cheap for pups in Japan!
by Victoria rate this post as useful

Buying Pets in Japan 2008/6/24 16:09
The Japanese Pet industry has some very bad problems, so be careful. If you need a pet, buy from a reputable breeder.
by Sam Iwamoto rate this post as useful

Curious 2008/6/30 23:34
Hi,
What kind of pet shop problems? I've visited some pet shops and nothing unusual.
by Pet lover rate this post as useful

Pet problems 2008/7/1 19:49
Dogs from pet shops are either bred in puppy mills (google it) or are accidental litters- responsible breeders never ever sell to pet stores. This means that pet store puppies aren't health tested for genetic problems that their breeds are prone to. Ethical, responsible breeders genetically test their dogs for problems and make sure that they're not carrying anything before they breed from them. This means that while a pet store puppy may seem perfectly healthy, it can develop health problems later in life, like hip dysplasia which leaves them lame, or cataracts/blindness, or skin problems, etc etc etc- the list goes on!

Not only that, but when you buy from a pet store, you're giving money straight to puppy mills. These are places where dogs are bred from all their lives, in cramped conditions. So while your new puppy is loved in your home, its mother is in a cage somewhere, pumping out litter after litter until she can't breed any more. Then you know where she's headed...

If there is a certain breed of dog that you want, here's how to go about it in the best way: google for a local club for that breed, or go to a dog show. Find out what genetic problems that particular breed is prone to, and then find a breeder who genetically tests to make sure that the dogs they're breeding aren't carrying those problems. Easy peasy- you're not supporting the puppy mill problem, and your new puppy friend has the best possible chance at a long, healthy life. :)
by Rex rate this post as useful

Grooming table 2008/7/30 08:31
Looking for a kinpex grooming table from the japanese company kinpex. Can anyone help? does anyone know where i can purchase one?
by mickey rate this post as useful

... 2008/7/30 10:24
I found one on the net (rakuten shopping site).
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/wwpc/3999.html
Or how about calling kinpex for information?
Kinpex : OU[UXXV[PTUW
by JLady rate this post as useful

pet sop kojima 2009/2/22 15:15
A great pet shop is Kojima (there is one in megruro and a few scattered around tokyo.) The staff are really helpful plus there are so many pups (and other animals) to choose from!
Another good one is a petshop next to olympic (big supermarket) near meidaimai. (setagaya-ku)
by Maria (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread