Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

permanent resident visa 2005/8/31 14:29
i have completed my undergrad from a japanese university where the medium of instruction was in english majoring in acccounting and finance. now i am doing mba from the same school and already lived for consecutive five years. while i was in my third year of undergraduate degree, i went to University of oklahoma, usa as an exchanage student through the exchange program of my university. i stayed america for five months and came back to japan to complete my undergraduate. then i proceed to graduate school. i have passed consecutive five years in japan except my stay in japan. even i have not gone back to my country. i know that anyone who has stayed for consecutive five years can apply for permanent resident visa in japan. so can i apply for permanent resident even though i stayed 5 months in u.s.a as an exchange student.
by aftab ahmed  

Permanent Residence Visa 2005/9/2 14:27
Aftab,

The only people who can answer your question are at your local Immigration Office. They will be able to tell you on the spot whether it is worth your applying.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

question for aftab 2008/1/20 22:04
Hi Aftab,

Sorry I won't be of much help to your question as I'm new here too. However, I wanna ask which university in Japan did you get your undergrad degree from?

I hope for your reply and thanks in advance for your help.
by Mary in Tochi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread