Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visiting fruit orchard in yamanashi? 2005/9/16 22:07
What kind of fruit are there in fruit orchard in yamanashi? ~How can I visit there? If now I am in Tokyo.
Thanks for all the answer
by onnapa srisookcharoen  

visiting fruit orchard in yamanashi? 2005/9/17 07:06
The fruit orchards over there have things such as strawberries, peaches and grapes. I think the grape season is starting to come to a close by now...

To reach Kofu station from Tokyo, you can go to Shinjuku and reserve a limited express train, the "Kaiji", "Azusa" or "Super Azusa". The trains, which run on the JR Chuo Line, leave every 1/2 hour and will get you to Kofu in about 90-100 minutes.

The cost is 4020 yen for a reserved seat, 3510 yen for an unreserved seat.

Taking regular, local trains on the Chuo Line will cost 2210 yen and will get you to Kofu in about 2 1/2 hours. A change of trains will be necessary enroute.
by JR rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/13 13:47
What is the common Japanese fruit in September?
Are there any fruit orchard in suburb Tokyo?
by Mao rate this post as useful

hope you understand this link 2007/8/13 14:54
by Chris rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/13 19:49
Thanks,
I'm sorry. I don't understand Japanese. Anyway, from the map it sounds far away from Tokyo ?

Yamanashi is . . . 2007/8/14 13:32
. . . one of the better known fruit areas in Japan. They are known for peaches and grapes. But you can't just walk into any fruit orchard, unless they put out a storefront; most of them are quite a walk from the train stations on the Chuo Line.

Yamanashi is also known for cherries. There are many orchards near Enzan Station. Look up at the hills and you will see the covered orchards. During cherry season (June), you can walk up there and pick your own cherries. It's probably the closest area to Tokyo for doing this.

There is also a fruit park in Yamanashi. I forget exactly where, but somewhere near Kofu. An onsen is on the premises.

The persimmons will be coming into season in late Oct/November. However I suspect that due to the wet summer, the crop won't be as good as usual.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

visiting fruit orchards in yamanashi 2007/8/14 15:55
Yamanashi has many varieties of fruit but at the moment it is Grape season. The best and easiest place to visit is katsunuma. Its on the chuo line about 3 stations past Otsuki. There is a major grape center near the staion accessible by bus or taxi. It has a wine center that offers tastings of loads of wine for 1000 yen, an onsen, hotel and the chance to sample and buy local grapes. You can get a limited express train from shinjuku to otsuki and transfer to a local train for katsunuma.,or get a local train from takao all the way. Its a bit slow but a nice trip through the mountains and much cheaper. check this site for more train details.
http://www.hyperdia.com/
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/15 20:09
Thanks for all answers.

reply to this thread