Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

sound clip of JR announcement music 2005/10/14 18:27
Hi guys, I love hear the announcement music of JR in Tokyo, I hope you know what I mean about the music. I want to use it as ringtone. So I want the .wav or mp3 format.

thanks
by Jordan Marzuki  

Station melodies 2005/10/15 09:23
Jordan,

The site below is in Japanese, but has loads of recordings in WAV/MP3 format from in and around Tokyo. Select the particular line and then click on the station to hear the jingle.
http://www.hatsumelo.com/line/
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2005/10/15 10:43
Wow, thank you very much dave for the reply. The site rocks! thanks again
by Jordan rate this post as useful

Sound of Station 2005/10/15 19:14
You could also try the Sound of Station web site:

http://melody.pos.to/

Several of the mp3 links are dead but most of the Yamanote line is still there. These are actual recordings done on the station, along with annoucements in many cases.

Rob
by RobBeer rate this post as useful

thanks again! 2005/10/15 23:39
Thanks Rob. wow, I can't believe it have such a lot of sound clip!

I never found anything before I ask in this forum.

Amazing! 2005/10/16 17:51
That's really amazing! I was looking for this kinda clip for such a long time, and I never could find any.

This announcements remind me when I used to travel on Yamanote-sen... great feeling.
by MagnumPI rate this post as useful

... 2005/10/16 18:31
takadanobaba... best... music... EVER!
by ... rate this post as useful

how abt subway music 2005/10/17 19:58
Hi I am impressed with the music for jr train stns ! The subway music is nice too. anyone knows the website. Thanks a bunch !
by hoon rate this post as useful

... 2005/10/21 08:24
The subway music is nice too. anyone knows the website.

Do subways in Tokyo have platform jingles, too? I thought they only have some beeps, if at all.
by Uji rate this post as useful

sorry.. 2005/10/21 19:37
hee hee Guess I remember wrongly ... Should the sound of the traffic light like the ones in Osaka. Do you have the website ? I will like to have it as a sound clip. Thanks !
by hoon rate this post as useful

Jordan / Rob Beer 2005/10/22 11:02
Those sites were excellent. Tell me, if I wanted to use one of the station sounds as a ringtone on my cell, how exactly would I do this? I would love to have this on my phone and PDA.
Thanks!
by Lil rate this post as useful

Lil, 2005/10/22 19:32
I just transfer the file to my SD card and put it in my ringtone folder my phone. Did your phone have memory card slot? but I think PDA for sure have it.

Unfortunately... 2005/10/23 10:30
Jordan, I do not have a memory card slot on my phone. My phone is one year old but unfortunately, in the US, memory card slot phones are just available. But, I do have a PDA so I can download it there.
Thanks!

try this.... 2005/10/23 14:17
use your phone's voice recorder held close to your computer, then set it as a ringtone.It comes out a bit distorted & not too loud on mine....but at least it's there!
by phone sounds rate this post as useful

I'll try it 2005/10/24 11:41
Phone sounds,

I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know how it sounds. Thanks for the advice.

Yamanote announcements 2005/11/10 05:45
Hello everyone! I'm also highly interested in sounds from JR and Yamanote lines, but especially about the announcements inside the train (like "the next sation is..."). Unfortunately the websites you mentionned don't provide such announcements. Do you have an idea where i can find them? Many thanks!
by Raphy rate this post as useful

Japan sounds 2005/11/10 18:40
Speaking of sounds of Japan:
would you happen to know where I can find the kouhou type sounds on the speakers in the countryside, hear it in hospitals, train stations, and the
cool sound that you hear that is supposed to help blind people?
The bell sound you hear at Tokyo Narita Airport's immigration area is cool, and wondering if that can be found in a WAV format? Airports in general in Japan have cool sounds!
Thank you
by Taro rate this post as useful

Sounds of Japan 2005/11/10 19:14
The lengthened chime sound you used to hear on the elevator up the Nagoya TV Tower, and the same sound heard at the final stop on the bus to the train station.
The sound you hear up the elevator at night on Tokyo Tower
The loud speaker sound you hear at Tokyo Station
And the chime you hear at the hospital
To name a few
Thank you
by Taro rate this post as useful

For Raphy 2005/11/10 22:46
You got it
download it from

http://www.railpage.com.au/f-t11305248.htm

there's several announcement on train like you mention before "the next stasion is..."

Arigato! 2006/1/29 03:26
Thank you for the links. I have wanted the JR music for my cell phone.
by Wolf rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

reply to this thread