Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where was Uesugi Kagetora buried? 2006/2/15 12:00
I am very interested in the Uesugi clan, and am planing a trip to Japan, in which I will visit burial sites. Upon many hours of research, i have failed to find where Uesugi Kagetora is buried...can you help?
by Takeo  

. 2006/2/15 21:55
You mean the son-in-law? If so, all I know is, he suicided at Samegaojou (Samegao castle), now in Myoukou-city, in Niigata Prefecture.You can type Yahoo!Japan, then type Samegaojou, then you will see the photos of ruins. His bronze statue is found at Shoufukuji (temple) in Arai-city, Niigata prefecture.Type http://oniheru.fc2web.com/douzou/uesigi_saburou_kagetora.htm
by TOSHI rate this post as useful

Where was Uesugi Kagetora buried? 2007/11/18 17:05
In a TV program they mention that Uesugi Kagetora was buried in Yonezawa Yamagata. His tomb supposesly is in the grounds of a temple where long ago the Uesugi clan lived and is there where they buried his remains.
by Zerg rate this post as useful

by the way 2007/12/27 14:04
kagetora was his adapted son, not son in law.
by May rate this post as useful

As was . . . 2007/12/28 08:55
. . . mentioned earlier, Yonezawa has a couple of tourist attractions involving the Uesugi Clan. Great chance to try their famous beef too!
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread