Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

Japanese snacks sold outside of Japan? 2006/2/26 09:27
I am doing some research and i was wondering what japanese snacks are popular outside of Japan. The ones I know of are Pocky and Koala biscuits. Are there other ones?
by just curious  

... 2006/2/26 18:23
Snacks popular with whom and in wich country? Just go to a japanese shop and you'll find a lot of snacks most common in Japan like curry for curry rice or senbei rice crackers, red beans and so forth.
by betty rate this post as useful

Well... 2006/2/27 05:37
If you are talking about snacks like junk food, products like Pocky, Hi-chew, and yan-yan are popular among kids in the US.
by HellaBAD rate this post as useful

Pocky 2006/2/27 12:40
Soo da ne. Pocky ga sugoi to oishii.

Pocky is by far my favorite japanese snack. I can't stand the regular chocolate flavor because it's made with dark chocolate, but the strawberry and whip cream ones are really good.
by Maikeru rate this post as useful

all kinds! 2006/4/17 08:38
If you buy online, you can get all kinds. Here's an example of a place that's in California...

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/
by Jecca-neko rate this post as useful

more snacks 2006/4/17 10:57
Don't forget the Marukawa fruit flavor gumballs, Bourbon-brand cookies, whistle (fue ramune)candies and "marble soda" (ramune with marble). At least, that's what the kids I know like.

by nanshi rate this post as useful

. 2006/4/21 02:54

CALBEE potato chips

Japan only Kit Kats. These are so good... unbelievable. Some are limited time only. From memory I've seen Cafe Latte, Hokkaido White Milk, Maccha Green Tea, Passionfruit, Melon, Red Wine, Strawberries and something, etc,.

by Rouge rate this post as useful

Qoo 2006/4/21 03:13
I'd kill to find a place that sold Qoo domestically (here in the US). That stuff was like crack when I studied abroad in Japan!
by MIke rate this post as useful

snacks 2006/4/24 11:43
by mach rate this post as useful

qoo online 2006/5/30 07:03
by lita rate this post as useful

that link didn't work... 2006/5/30 07:04
by lita rate this post as useful

Look for Japanese Grocery Stores 2006/6/1 06:22
In both Houston and Los Angeles where I live you can find good Japanese grocery stores that have all kinds of snacks from Japan. In Houston look for Nippon Daido in West Houston and in Los Angeles look for Nijiya in Sawtelle or Little Tokyo.
by L.A. Chris rate this post as useful

Wally World! 2006/6/1 14:23
The Super - Wally World (Wal-Mart =P) near me has a whole Asian Section, and asian snacks like pocky are always on the bottom shelf!
So maybe you could try a Super Wal Mart near you!?? XD

-Iza
by Iza rate this post as useful

Japanese snacks in Orlando 2006/6/1 15:05
I live in Orlando 3/4 of the year and Little Asia of Colonial is a good place for Asian snack foods in general. I go to a cool vietnamese grocery store that sells pocky in many flavors as well as coconut soda (don' knock it till you try it), Happy Panda cookies (little jam filled cookie puffs with a panda on every munchable bite) and of course Kasugi brand candies. They sell my favorite Omacha Green Tea candy. Sadly, they don't have the sugar free tea candies I like. Once in a blue moon my friends at Disney give me a free pass and I stock up at Epcot's Japan Pavilion. The shop there is a branch of Mitsukoshi and they have LOTS of japanese snacks.
by AmeriFox rate this post as useful

chicago area 2006/6/2 04:49
Anyone near the chicago area, there's a huge japanese grocery store called mitsuwa. i believe theres two locations. I've never been there but i've heard really good things, even from my Japanese friend who just arrived in the US. I'm sure they have basic snacks that you all crave.
by pat rate this post as useful

Online Source of Japanese Groceries 2006/6/5 01:06
Maruwa is the best onilne source I've found for Japanese groceries including snack items. Their selection is somewhat limited but pretty good, and they cover all the bases.

They are at http://www.maruwa.com/index_e.html

If anyone knows a better source of Japanese groceries (online, U.S.), please post the URL!
by Kim rate this post as useful

My favorites 2006/6/7 11:18
I'm 22 and there are a few Japanese snacks that I love. Strawberry Mousse flavored Pocky, any flavor Gummy (Kasugai makes them), Flower Kiss candy, Ramune candy, and there's another candy that I haven't been able to find lately that I believe is called "Botan Rice Candy". Asianfoodgrocier.com is a great place to get japanese snacks.
by Angie rate this post as useful

botan rice candy 2006/6/9 04:28
I believe botan rice candy is a chinese product? I'm not positive on this though. But I know that in Chicago's china town, nearly every little shop sells this. I can even find it at the asian grocery store in my suburb. Just look for an asian grocier or go to the nearest china town in a large city, and I'm sure you can get botan rice candy. It's extremely cheap too.
by Pat rate this post as useful

where can i find japanese peanuts? 2006/6/9 14:07
i know they are not only sold in japan! i live in houston if any one knows of a local spot!
by hungry rate this post as useful

Yes any inside us could be 2006/6/11 11:41
I know inside us. You could get any kind Japanese snacks. Because I bought all the time for my kids.Either way you go store or Mail order get it. If you by mail order.You could check Mitsuwa .com. Then Call mitsuwa Torrance cali.Then You asked how do I get mail order thing....
Try it. Because some States is not Japanese grocery.
by ms jackson rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 26

1 2
next

reply to this thread