Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 58

1 2 3
next

Kitesurfing 2006/4/4 23:25
any place to kitesurf in jp?
by Marco  

Not a great answer 2006/4/5 09:11
Sorry I can't really tell ya much but I often see people "Kite surfing" off the beach right near the big bridge that goes to the Kansai Airport. It's usually just a couple people but sometimes theres like a dozen or so.
by REDRUM36 rate this post as useful

Yes! Hamamatsu! 2006/5/1 00:00
About halfway down the coast between Tokyo and Osaka is Hamamatsu. Nick Katz owns a kite boarding shop and school and people come from around Japan to learn. The wind here is famous. Also, just up the coast is Omaezaki, some of Japan's best surf. A local who can get you connected to both scenes can be found at www.surfquest.org.
by CC rate this post as useful

Chigasaki, Enoshima and Miura 2006/5/7 15:04
People do it in Kanagawa at Chigasaki, Enoshima and Miura.

Enoshima beach is easy to find its right by Katase Enoshima station. The place in Chigasaki is actually right by the river estuary that separates Hiratsuka and Chigasaki cities...

Never been to Miura

Check here too

http://www.outdoorjapan.com/features/ojfeature-kiteboarding.html
by Gareth rate this post as useful

Kite surfing places 2006/5/10 16:43
Hi guys,
There are a lot of good place to kite arround tokyo. I usually go arround Yukoska (south of Tokyo). One stop after the YRP Nobi stop. Actually I am planning to update the www.kitebeaches.com with this place. The wind is usually side-Shore or Side{on/off} shore. Enoshima is on the other side not a very good place as first the find is often on Shore and you have tousand of surfer in the see. You can alos kite surf in Fukuoka (check www.kitebeaches.com, I updated the place). Is there any kite surfer in Tokyo area ?
by Marc rate this post as useful

So... 2006/5/18 16:15
Where in Yokosuka EXACTLY ??? Can you update the site you mention to show this place ?
by Gareth rate this post as useful

Kitesurfing in Yokoska 2006/5/24 09:44
I will update kitebeaches.com but I put first the info you need.
From Shinagawa Station take the KEIJYU LINE (direction MISAKIGUSHI). Stop at the MIRUKAIGAN station (this is one station before the end of the line). From the MIRUKAIGAN go to the beach (4 minute walk). The best place to kite is in front of the public toilet (a kind of small piramide shapped building). There is also on the other side of the road a KITE/SURF shop. According to the locals, this beach may be closed for kiting in sommer.

kite beaches 2006/5/24 10:23
I have just updated http://www.kitebeaches.com the beach you be included in the site in a few days.

Kitesurfing Kyushu 2006/6/7 16:48
Hi, I'm going to fly to Kitakyushu. I found several spots in Kitebeaches.com but no kitestation where I can rent some material. Can anyone help me? How expensive is it to rent kite stuff in japan? Thanks a lot! Markus
by Markus rate this post as useful

KITE TRIP JP in summer 2006/6/23 18:31
I checked in kitebeaches and I found that the best spot in summer is in Honshu/Kemigawahama, anybody can confirm it? I am thinking to go to jp for kiting and I need information about everything! which is the right size of kite?
by Marco rate this post as useful

osaka 2006/6/23 18:37
in Osaka Area, any place?
is it more windy Tokyo or Osaka?
by Marco rate this post as useful

kite near tokio 2006/6/24 22:52
Hi Marco, I live in Tokio and have been one time in Enoshima last weekend. The owner of the shop there told me that they use size around 12 now, and in the japanese summer (middle of july, august, september) they use 16 or 18 or bigger.
Enoshima spot is located at the city Enoshima, so you can take a shower in the shops, then walk over the street and then you are at the beach. It is relatively small, because they share the spot with the many wavesurfers. Wavesurfing is very common there and almost at every beach there are wavesurfers.

I have been in Chiba today and there is also a good spot, I think it is called Katakai. It is in the middle of Chiba at the pacific side. Kitesurfing is a minor sport inthis region, and there is only one shop near that shop, and he does not like to rent equipment. I got it one time, but after that he refused to start a rental business. But you can find his website. The shops name is Ted surf.

by Veit rate this post as useful

wind 2006/6/27 00:12
18 or bigger.....it means....no wind :( I have no problem of rental because I will take all with me the problem is the wind. Which country is windy in Asia in summer?
by marco rate this post as useful

Kitesurfing equipment 2006/6/28 17:34
Seem to be some good spots around Tokyo. Is there good kiteboarding equipment shops in Tokyo area that are easy to find? Thank you for your help.
by Tourist rate this post as useful

Looking for Kitesurfers 2006/7/10 00:19
I own my own equipment here in Japan. And I am looking for friends who share same hobby to go together and catch a few waves with our kites. Please let me know if there is anyone around tokyo area
by Hermes rate this post as useful

Hey Hermes 2006/7/12 19:00
I'm in Osaka for the summer and I'm trying to hook up a kite surfing trip somewhere in Japan. I'll let you know if it comes together. If you want to try to plan something with me, drop me an e-mail at matthewtlloyd with hotmail.com
by Matt rate this post as useful

Kite shop near Tokyo 2006/7/16 23:27
I left Japan a few years ago, I used to go to realkite shop near Kemigawahama beach (Chiba).
Kaneko-san, the shop owner, is a very friendly guy.
http://www.realkite.com/
by Jean-Luc rate this post as useful

Chiba 2006/7/17 14:34
Hello,

I m a beginner in kitesurfing and after some lessons I have just bought 2 kites and a board. This week end I went to Chiba (Ocean coast) to test my stuff, and apparently seems to be a pretty good place. Station is Tomari and takes about two hours from Tokyo by JR.
Wind wasn t there, but I have already been during the golden week and it was very windy.
Also, landscape is really nice, and wave arenot so big.

I d like to know waht u think about zushi and kamakura area (I did some windsurfing there, but never seen kite surf) ?
by julien rate this post as useful

Lets hook up 2006/7/26 14:05
Julian, Marco or anyone in the
Kanto area lets hook up and
fly...

mail me

redgreenandpotatoe at yahoo.co.uk
by G rate this post as useful

Kiteboarding around Tokyo 2006/8/3 13:48
I'm also looking for kiteboarders around Tokyo having just finished some lessons from Nick down in Hamamatsu and bought some gear. I live in Tokyo but would like to try places like Chiba or Yokosuka etc. Please drop a mail to jivebeans at hotmail thanks, Mark
by Mark rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 3: Posts 1 - 20 of 58

1 2 3
next

reply to this thread