Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

When does the Lavender season start? 2006/4/19 11:49
We plan to visit Furano on 1 July 2006. Would we be able to see lavender blossom at that time?

How about mid Aug? Would it be too late to see the lavender fields around 12 Aug 06?
by Joey.P  

... 2006/4/19 16:05
Joey,

1 July is too early for Lavender bloom, I'll visiting Furano this Mid July for Lavender as well.

You can check this website http://www.furano.ne.jp/kankou/english/flowers.htm
by Alex rate this post as useful

... 2006/4/19 16:44
The calendar on the website indicates that there is lavender in June. I don't think it is true. The best timing seems to be the second half of July.
by Uji rate this post as useful

I've once 2006/4/19 17:39
been to Hokkaido in early July and there were lavender everywhere. I am not sure, however, that whether those lavender flowers were 'bloom' or not.

I heard that there are different types of lavender and some may bloom earlier.

If you just wish to look at the purple plants and have the pleasant smell of lavender in the gardens, I trust you will be satisfied even if you go by end of June or early July.
by Chris rate this post as useful

... 2006/4/19 17:52
I trust you will be satisfied even if you go by end of June or early July.

It also depends on the year. In some years the lavender is blooming earlier and in some years later. I went in the second half of June 2004 and the only blooming lavender was in the green house of Park Tomita. I was not satisfied!

So, if possible, I recommend mid July just to be on the safe side.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hi All! 2006/4/19 19:10
Thanks for all your feedback. As my friends said - let's hope the lavender decide to bloom earlier this year! Haha
by Joey.P rate this post as useful

lavender mid august 2008/4/10 19:37
can i still view lavender in bloom if i go to sapporo / furano in middle of august?
by Dennis rate this post as useful

reply to this thread