Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lavandar in Hokkaido? 2006/5/23 12:32
Hi,

I intend to travel Hokkaido on 22nd July for about a week or so. Understand this is the season for lavandar but it is also Japan's summer holiday. Is it advisable to travel during this period as I'll be getting the JR pass?

Appreciate any of yr advise pls! Many thanks!
by Chia  

... 2006/5/23 13:33
Is it advisable to travel during this period as I'll be getting the JR pass?

Yes, July is the best time to visit Hokkaido and see lavendar! It is true that it is also summer holidays and many Japanese travelers will go to Hokkaido. Therefore, I recommend to book the hotels in advance.

The Japan Rail Pass will be useful to travel to Hokkaido and between the cities of Hokkaido, however, in the countryside and in the national parks, a rental car would give you much more flexibility and can save you a lot of time:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hokkaido in July 2008/3/29 19:54
Hi, like to know what are the must see places to visit in Hokkaido in July? Also, is July a good time to visit or would Winterbe more interesting? Thanks.
by Wei Ling rate this post as useful

reply to this thread