Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Us bank account in japan 2006/6/30 21:32
Hi,
I had enough of the secondary address, it takes forever, i think i might just as well as apply a U.S. bank instead of adding an address.

I was told by someone to check with japan local bank. Some of them have partnerships with banks in the United States to satisfy the YKYC (you know your customer) regulation. They'll help you to open a U.S. bank account, even you do not live there.

Does anyone here know any bank in japan have a partnerships with banks in U.S. country? Or anyone ever opened a U.S. bank account in japan?

Thanks.
by dave  

.. 2006/7/1 08:40
Citibank?
by .. rate this post as useful

Yes 2006/7/1 19:04
Citibank if you live in an Urban area. They do all sorts of US and UK related activity. You'll find them around the bigger cities but in small areas, no chance. I believe that some of the larger branches of the postal offices also deal with direct US related banking.
by Azumi rate this post as useful

Confirmation? 2006/7/1 19:29
I live in tokyo, shinjuku. It'd be great if someone could confirm a particular bank or postal office that can open a U.S. banking account. Anyone tried before?
by Dave rate this post as useful

Avoid that website 2007/11/22 11:26
Nanflexal appears to be a spammer and I would request that Japan forum consider banning his IP.

Notice that on that website he sent you to, the contact information on the right has the live help to contact "nanflexal2002"?

I would also avoid at all costs a website that claims to open a U.S. bank account - then wants you to pay using paypal and has google ads to make money.

I do not recommend paying money or giving your personal information to a site like this (especially not your passport copy!), I would only recommend dealing with known U.S. banks that are FDIC insured.

These are my opinions regarding safekeeping of your personal information.
by RyanJohn rate this post as useful

phishing 2007/11/22 13:28
Thanks RyanJohn. I have removed the post. It also looks like a phishing site to me.

This reiterates the fact that everyone should be very wary and careful of giving out your personal information to anyone on the internet.

by admin rate this post as useful

US Bank Account 2007/11/30 22:18
no need to ban my ip here. anyway, if you want to open an account in US, you can try Accent Card by tomato bank but they have a monthly fee of $5 a month and $50 every to years.

Again no need to ban my ip because this is my last visit here.

by Nanflexal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread