Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

Recipe for Strawberry Shortcake? 2006/7/21 01:26
I have been trying to find a recipe for japanese style strawberry shortcake ever since I go back from Japan. Does anyone know of a good one?
Thanks!
by Caitlin  

Yo fu 2006/8/22 00:50
No, but I can tell you a good American style one.

Use Bisquick to make scone (recipe is on the box)

add some sugar to cut strawberries,

whip real nama cream

then layer as you like.
by Jev rate this post as useful

Stawberry shortcake 2006/8/22 13:39
I couldn't find the recipe in English, but
hope the photos and numbers of the below link would
be of some help to you...
by mikan rate this post as useful

The link 2006/8/22 13:39
by " rate this post as useful

Help with converting recipe please 2006/10/30 07:50
I too, have been searching for a Japanese Strawberry Shortcake recipe to make a wedding cake for a Japanese couple. I have been testing a sponge recipe, but am seeking the traditional recipe and method of preparing the cake.
Unfortunately I am unable to speak or read Japanese, but the pictures on the site provided by Mikan look great.
Is there anyone who can convert the recipe to English for me please?
by Carol rate this post as useful

In English 2006/11/6 02:53
i'm going in order or the ingrediants, i'm not to going to convert cc's but I will do translating on the ingrediants.

ƒXƒ|ƒ“ƒW (the sponge cake)
2 eggs
sugar 60g
weak flower, wheat flour of low viscosity 60g
salt free butter 20g

ƒzƒCƒbƒvƒNƒŠ[ƒ€ (the whipped cream, look up how to make whipped cream if you don't know how)
heavy whipping cream 200g
sugar 20g

ƒLƒ‹ƒVƒ…Žð•—–¡‚̃Vƒƒbƒv (the liquid being applied with a paint brush)
sugar 30g
water 200cc
kirushu sake (sake is jap. alcohol, i don't know what kirushu is) 10cc

10-15 strawberries

hope this helps.
by Mugence rate this post as useful

. 2006/11/6 08:44
Sounds interesting that you call it "Japanese style", because most Japanese people (including me) believe such a cake is nothing other than Western. :-)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

The baisic!!! 2007/6/23 10:08
The whip cream can be any type of cream but mix it with unflavored gelatin so that the whip cream on the strawberry shortcake will be stable. (A little bit of sugar)
Make the rest of the cake by however you always make it, and you can layer it and add sliced strawberries between the layer with the whip cream and dont forget to top it off with more whip cream and strawberry (Usually 1 strawberry per slice!!)
by Japanese gurl rate this post as useful

shortcake recipe 2007/8/1 09:47
The "kirushu sake" mentioned above refers to Kirschwasser. IT is a popular brand of cherry brandy. The cherry brandy is used in a lot of ckes in france, germany etc. and is used ocmmonly in the Japanese shortcake recipes :-) Hope this helps!
by Yuki rate this post as useful

It's different... 2007/8/1 13:55
The "kirushu sake" mentioned above refers to Kirschwasser. IT is a popular brand of cherry brandy. The cherry brandy is used in a lot of ckes in france, germany etc. and is used ocmmonly in the Japanese shortcake recipes :-) Hope this helps!

Eh, no, Kirschwasser (meaning Cherry Water in German) is not a brand name and it is different from cherry brandy.
It's a liquor made from cherry, similar to vodka but has very strong and nice flavour from cherry.
(If you know Williams which is made from pears, you'll understand what I'm talking about.)

If Kirschwasser is not available, you can use white rum instead. You can use brandy or cherry brandy if you like, but it may add a little bit of colour (not too much anyway, so it really does not matter.)
by . rate this post as useful

Kirschwasser Colorless Cherry BRANDY 2007/8/7 01:27
Kirschwasser is a clear BRANDY made from double distillation of the fermented juice of a small black cherry. It is not a liqueur. It is colorless because either it is not aged in wood or it is aged in barrels made of ash. Unlike cherry liqueurs, Kirschwasser is not sweet.
by >>> rate this post as useful

Japanese Strawberry Shortcake Recipe 2008/7/19 06:54
by suzi rate this post as useful

Strawberry Shortcake 2008/12/3 18:22
I think this the recipe you are looking for.
enjoy

Strawberry Shortcake

Chef
Ono Takashi

For 1 15-cm cocotte

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Souffle
Butter @Ÿ@ 50g
Flour @Ÿ@ 50g
Milk @Ÿ@ 400ml
Egg yolk @Ÿ@ 75g
Egg white @Ÿ@ 135g
Sugar @Ÿ@ 100g
@@@
Creme Chantilly
Heavy cream @Ÿ@ 200ml
Powdered sugar @Ÿ@ 16g
Kirsch @Ÿ@ 15ml
Strawberries @Ÿ@ Approx. 45
@@@
Chocolate
Napage
Rouge
Pistachio

ySoufflez
1. SAllow the butter to soften and then mix with the flour.

2. Add 1/4 of the sugar to the milk and heat.

3. Gradually add (2) to (1) while stirring well so that the mixture does not become lumpy.

4. Add the egg yolk to (3).

5.Whip the egg white and add the remaining sugar, 1/3 or 1/2 at one time, to make meringue.

6. Add a portion of (5) to (4) and mix to soften the batter. Then, add the remaining meringue and mix carefully to retain the foam.

7. Spread (6) on a shallow pan to 1cm in thickness. Place the pan in a larger pan with some water, and bake in an oven at 190Ž for approx. 35 minutes.

8.After the souffle is done, cut it into 3 round pieces, 14cm in diameter. Sprinkle the surface with raw sugar and caramelize, using a hand-held burner.

yCreme Chantillyz
Add the powdered sugar to the heavy cream and whip to soft peaks. Add the kirsch and stir slowly.

yAssemblyz
1. Place one souffle piece on the bottom of a cocotte and spread approx. 80g of heavy cream over it. Cut 10 of the strawberries in half and place them over the heavy cream. Repeat the same procedure one more time. Cover with the last souffle piece and spread the heavy cream evenly to fill the cocotte.

2. SFirmly place the remaining strawberries, apply napage and rouge over them. Decorate with chocolate and pistachio.

by Bianca rate this post as useful

Japanese strawberry short cake 2009/1/9 11:55
I dound this web http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2007/03/japanese-strawberry....
The instruction in this one is not clear and if you follow it you will end it up with lumpy mixture as you can see all the people have the same problem. The recepi is Ok, but you have to do a bit of change. Instead of mix egg, and flour and butter together which this create a lump. Try to beat the egg yolk seperately with a bit of sugar and fold it gently to white egg mixture then add flour and last with melted butter. I hope this will help
by Hana rate this post as useful

* 2009/1/12 08:51

I heard Japanese flour is slightly different than "western" flour... You might want to test the recipe once before serving it!
by gisborne (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/1/12 09:00
Indeed, there are differences in flour. Coincidentially, Japanese flour is much more similar to the flour I was used to in Europe than to the flour which I used in North America.
by Uji rate this post as useful

here 2009/1/14 09:57
by Baking King (guest) rate this post as useful

a little help, please! 2009/4/8 07:02
Thank you for converting the ingredient, Mugence!

I want to make this for my brother when he comes home, but I'm not familiar with Japanese recipes. I know that g stands for grams, but how do convert that for measuring with US cooking measurement utensils? I've tried looking up converters on Google but I haven't found anything that helps. ): I'd greatly appreciate any help!
by carolie rate this post as useful

conversion 2009/4/8 16:29
I think 10grams almost equals to 0.35ounces and 200cc is about a cup.
by hotootie (guest) rate this post as useful

Recipe for Japanese Strawberry Shortcake 2010/3/5 07:47
by Kurumi (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 21

1 2
next

reply to this thread