Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Train Line Maps 2006/7/24 19:03
I completely admit I may be totally blind but in the entirety of this site (and all provided links) I cannot find a Tokyu Railways map in anything less than Kanji. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The reason I ask is because the Ryokan I'm staying at is located near Chidori-cho station in Tokyo and I can't find it on any map anywhere and it's on a line run by this company so I'm hoping one of their maps will help me.

Also, considering I will have a JR rail pass what would be a good option for the simple 1 station trip before I transfer to a JR line in terms of tickets? Pre-paid cards?

Thanks!
by Hitsumei  

... 2006/7/25 10:37
Here is a railway map of JR trains in the greater Tokyo area. These are the trains you can use with ths Japan Rail Pass:
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf

And this is a map of the subway lines which are not covered by the Japan Rail Pass:
http://www.tokyometro.jp/rosen/rosenzu/pdf/rosen_eng.pdf
by Uji rate this post as useful

Tokyu line maps 2006/7/25 10:49
Hitsumei,

You need to be careful of your spelling, as mixing Tokyu and Tokyo will result in confusion.
The Tokyu website doesn't seem to have a map in English, but a Japanese map can be found at the URL below.
http://www.tokyu.co.jp/railway/menu/p_station.htm

Chidoricho station is on the Tokyu Ikegami Line, three stops from Kamata, which is the interchange with the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line.
Buying individual tickets would probably be the easiest way for this journey. You could get a prepaid Passnet card if you will be doing it frequently, but these don't save you any money.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

. 2006/7/25 11:13
This is a slightly outdated map but your station is listed as described by dave:

http://www.japanese-trains.com/setagaya/Tokyu-map.jpg

I agree be careful in your useage, Tokyu and Tokyo will cause confusion at times.
by qs. rate this post as useful

Re: 2006/7/25 18:54
Thanks everyone for your help, I thought I was going a little nuts hehe

Thanks for the advice Dave, I didn't spot an error there, everything was titled as I intended it to be, but I am aware of the similarity. Ta!
by Hitsumei rate this post as useful

English train map 2006/8/3 09:40
My wife and I carried this piece of paper around Japan for 3 weeks and it really helped

http://www.u-bourgogne.fr/monge/g.dito/poisson2006/images/tokyo_trainmap.pdf
by James O in TO rate this post as useful

... 2006/8/4 17:00
Note that the network plan at the u-bourgogne.fr website is not up-to-date. Some recent line extensions are not shown. For some reason, the Rinkai Line and Yurikamome for access to Odaiba are not shown, either.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: 2006/8/24 06:25
Thanks for all the responses guys but I found a Kodansha published map book the other day that has more concise train line information than any of the options here, so no real need to post anymore, ta!
by Hitsumei rate this post as useful

Claska Hotel 2006/12/7 11:22
I am planning to stay at Claska, but I am not sure how to go to there from Haneda Airport.

In their site, they state to take take Tokyu Toyoku Line and get off @ Gakugei Daigaku Station, but I can't find the line and station on map

Pls help, thanks
by Natalie Chan rate this post as useful

Gakugei Daigaku Station 2006/12/7 11:28
Four stations over on the Tokyu Toyoko Line, it also appears as Gakugeidaigaku Station.
by John rate this post as useful

Tokyo train line maps revisited 2007/9/10 16:10
This reference post may be a little bit old, but Im wondering if any of you guys know a site where I can find Hitsumei's map or something like it?
Thanks.

Re:
Thanks for all the responses guys but I found a Kodansha published map book the other day that has more concise train line information than any of the options here, so no real need to post anymore, ta!

by Hitsumei 2006/8/24
by cyclone blurr rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/10 22:49
The book she is referring to is named:

Kodansha Tokyo Subway Guide

It is a bit dated but still a good resource for subways in Tokyo, if I recall it does have some major JR stations too.

at the airport... 2007/9/11 16:46
or at TICs, try to pick up the Tokyo tourism information booklet (Orange in colour)
It has a very useful map of the railway and subway lines
by Amelia rate this post as useful

Train map 2007/9/13 17:02
Thanks for your replies. I will try to look for this book in stores.

By the way does the book only show Tokyo subway map area? I am hoping to find a train map for the greater Kanto Area including all train companies. A JR East train map has the best coverage, but I hope to find out about the other railway companies as well.

Thanks once again c",)
by cyclone blurr rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/14 00:03
A map showing every single line in the Kanto area will look like a blur to you. If the area is not covered by Tokyo metro, Toei or JR on your major maps, then minor lines usually have those routes, sometimes the JR lines are in direct competition with private railways serving the same stations and areas.

. 2007/9/14 00:05
It all really depends on where you plan to travel. In general if it is in central Tokyo, the subway and JR has it covered, as you radiate out of tokyo more private lines come into play.

Tokyo Train Line Map 2008/1/5 14:13
The popular "Tokyo City Atlas: A Bilingual Guide", published by Kodansha and readily available, also has a subway map showing the Rinkai Line. It was helpful not just for getting to /from the Big Sight but also because it has the kanji next to the English for the station names.
by Mark rate this post as useful

JR Line Map in English 2008/4/4 08:03
http://www.japanrail.com/pdf/railpass/greater_tokyo.pdf

If you go to this website you can get a pdf map of tokyo rail line all in english.
by Betty rate this post as useful

reply to this thread